Buenos Aires to Rio-rough seas?

Chloe's mom

not TOO BAD,,,I m VERY sensitive to sea sickness,,wore patch and did fine..its so hard to determine what sea will be like but don t think its really known for being too rough all the time,,like rounding the S America tip..

I like Rio, and BA,,but other small ports less so..not one I d do again,but glad I saw area once.;)

off the Mariner Dec.16th cruise,,and so rough we had to miss 2 ports and had to temper down shows so dancers wouldnt be hurt...so you just never know..as I said,,glad to see those 2 posts in S.America so if thats something you want to see,give it a go.Just bring meds.and hope for best.

If you want smooth cruise,,must stick with rivers.Which I also like.:)

I can accept taking a cruise in waters that are generally calm, and ending up with a rough day, as the luck of the draw. I think that's different from taking a cruise in waters that are generally known to be rough, or have a lot of rough days, like Drake's Passage. As for the ports, I've been to Rio, so that's not a particular draw for me. While it's a beautiful city, the crime issues are not conducive to a relaxing visit.

Where have you gone on river cruises, and what line do you use?

have been to Egypt,Russia,Germany,France,Portugal,,,and combos.Trying AMA first time in May to Prague and Budapest.

Can read lots of reviews and ideas on river cruise section here on CC>

Like that they dock right in town and can walk off,,take their tours,,or do on own.Can eat onboard or try in towns..lots of options,

Like to alternate between ocean and river cruises.Best of both worlds.:D

Alexandra cruiser, Hi,

We have done two AMA river cruises. Paris to Nuremberg and then Amsterdam to Budapest. We had a wonderful time. Good service, tours, food and a wonderful group of people. Crew is outstanding. Tours were exceptional and always had a truly qualified guide. Walking right off of the dock is such a pleasure. We will surely do another.

Archived