What drinks do you make with your bon voyage smuggled liquor???

nat_mychelle

Something that I wanted to mention based off our recent experience on the Splendor..... in a helpful tips thread, we had read that the orange juice remains hooked up all day and that they simply remove the OJ label. This was not the case on the Splendor..... we tried to get OJ from the location where it had been in the morning we got lemonade! So on the Splendor, don't count on OJ being available all day :)

half gallon at my house if you want it....taste like cough syrup to me :(

OOO!!! lol I spent many years as a bartender and make mine slightly different. My fav is cherry vodka, sprite and a lime. Very refreshing cherry limeade. I was always a captain morgan girl until I found 360 Cherry/Grape/Peach vodka and sprite.... hooked!

Maybe raspberry vodka and lemonade would be a little better?

half gallon at my house if you want it....taste like cough syrup to me :(

Agree! Cherry Vodka sucks.

Cherry rum, like "REDRUM" is even worse than cough syrup. FOOF!!!:eek: (They need an emoticon for choke, gag, barf)

Rather be sober:p. Okay, almost!:D

IF one were to *cough* smuggle then I would suggest blueberry vodka. Mixed with the lemonade available on board it makes a great drink. Rum mixed with the guava juice is also great and you can also mix that with coke either purchased or carried on board.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.006429,-94.591648

My problem is that if it taste like booze, or sour, or tea, or too citrus - I can't do it!

Favorite vodkas considering - Whipped Cream / Chocolate / Vanilla - all great in my coke

Bringing "legal" Choco-Vine -- chocolate flavored wine -- can bring 2 bottles per person only on carry on!

Just in case rum runners go to naughty table---or do they just pitch those???? :confused::confused:

Just in case rum runners go to naughty table---or do they just pitch those???? :confused::confused:

If they find the rum runners they will toss them since the alcohol is NOT in the original container.

IF I were to smuggle alcohol in a rum runner I'd pack it in a 2 gallon zip lock bag along with ALL my hair products, sunscreen, etc. so it showed up on the scanner as a big mess of different liquids, then pack clothing, etc. on top of the bag so they'd have to work to find it if they did decide to search my luggage ;)

We take a water or gatorade bottle, (basically any type of plastic container) and fill er' up with straight liquor, then mix poolside with their ice and lemonade. Less trips to room. And then take turns making said trips! Works out very well! Have Fun!

BRILLIANT! Note to self: pack an empty gatorade bottle in suitcase :D

What can u mix with sweet white wine?

Reisling Sangria. Mix a bottle of reisling with some peach schnapps. Add some berries if you can find them (raspberries, strawberries and even cut up peaches). Mix in some 7-up or gingerale. Awesome!

Crystal Light orange, Coconut rum, diet 7-up....

crystal light orange and vodka

crystal light fruit punch and rum

110 days and I will be enjoying these! I take a 32 oz insulated cup with a straw...mix in the room. Plenty to get a good buzz going!

We ordered a bottle of Rum and Crown each from Bon Voyage on our last trip, and a six-pack of diet coke for the cabin. Ordered a wine package on board from our waitress, that we used for dinners (3 bottles). We'd each brought the legal allotment of 1 bottle of wine apiece... this is for 4 people. Didn't drink all of what we'd brought. Much cheaper than running a tab, and the drinks were better when we had them- imo.

I find it's much better just to mix or pour drinks in the room and carry them out to the Lido in your Carnival cups. Our steward has never taken our DOD cups, even when we leave them out. For this trip, I am going to bring one of the new style "coffee" cups that look like a drive thru cup, but are insulated and permanent for my own personal use. They are good for hot or cold beverages and I like drinking coffee throughout the day in my own cup, without worrying about spilling or the hotness of the cup.

I really like the Bon Voyage option for cruisers... embarkation is usually complicated enough for me without having to be called to the naughty room:o for contraband.

Archived