What drinks do you make with your bon voyage smuggled liquor???

nat_mychelle

We will be going on our first cruise in a little over a month ad are trying to decide if we want to buy a bottle of liquor to have in our room to save money. I cant drink liquor straight and don't like it with soda. So I was wondering what are your on board drink recipes??? This will also help me decide exactly what kind to buy to! Thanks!!!

Order vodka - best liquor to mix with a variety of mixers. Take onboard a 6-pack of ginger ale, tonic water, cranberry juice. You can get limes from the lido deck bartenders, tabasco sauce and celery sticks from the lido buffet, and tomato & orange juice from room service. You can make vodka & ginger ale with lime, vodka tonic with lime, vodka & cranberry juice, and vodka & OJ,

bloody mary's.

I buy vodka and mix it with the FREE lemonade they offer in all the drink machines. You can use a large empty water bottle and fill it with lemonade and keep that in your room to mix drinks while there. Other then that you are only steps away from the drink machines out on the Lido deck.

I bought a cute hard plastic cup with a lid and a straw for $7.99 at the store and took that along and kept it filled with Free ice, Free lemonade and Smirnoff. I think the bottle of vodka cost me $55. The bottle lasted me the whole cruise (and there was some left). Huge savings condsidering drinks were $6-$8 each.

They also have Capt Morgan and you could mix that with coke and get a pop card to save money.

Tequila is also a good one. They make drink mixes in small soft containers now which are easy to pack. Just add ice!

We like Gin - so buy a bottle and bring on tonic water. Get limes from any bar or room service. We also buy a bottle of Vodka. We mix with on board 1/2 lemonade and 1/2 iced tea for poolside sunning. It's a "dirty" Arnie Palmer. We also bring on Cranberry juice to mix with the vodka - love it!

We will be going on our first cruise in a little over a month ad are trying to decide if we want to buy a bottle of liquor to have in our room to save money. I cant drink liquor straight and don't like it with soda. So I was wondering what are your on board drink recipes??? This will also help me decide exactly what kind to buy to! Thanks!!!

Just wondering if you realize that "Bon Voyage" is the Carnival division from which you can purchase liquor to be delivered to your room. You have to call Carnival directly to arrange this. Most common brands cost $40-60 per liter.

"Smuggled" is obviously different. I split my stash between my checked bag, and carry-on, using disposable water bottles. You can also legally bring a 12-pack of soda, or juice, per person, up to 20 oz each. At breakfast, they serve a juice drink that is passion-orange-guava (POG), that mixes well with many liquors. Fill a water bottle during breakfast. It is pretty sweet (and high-calorie) after one or two, though.

My drink of choice is Bacardi and Diet Rite. I bring both, along with a plastic squeeze-lime.;)

Have a great cruise!:)

We buy a bottle of vodka from Bon Voyage and use it to mix with the Lemonade and Iced Tea that is available all day from the Lido deck buffet. In the morning, we like to mix it with juices from the Lido buffet, orange/guava juice. We also bring cans of Red Bull, as well as cans of Sprite.

Crystal Light is the way to go. Any clear liquor and whatever flavor you like. These packets are so small you can have lots of variety. Try different ones before you go on cruise to determine what flavors are best. You can take bottled water on board or use their water. You can mix as light or as strong as you want. This is what my DH and I are going to do.

I ordered a bottle of rum, and will bring a box of those fruit punch pouches of real juice, also can get juice and lemonade on board. Plus I bought 5 drink coupons for DH beer thats 20 beers, keeps my sail and sign bill down, to buy in advance. 7 day cruise should be a good start, lol:p

How do you actually execute mixing your drinks? Are you constantly going back and forth to your cabin? Or do you have something that you carry your liquor in to pour on deck?

I plan on ordering some gin to mix with the lemon aid, but really don't want to be going back to the cabin constantly.

We take a water or gatorade bottle, (basically any type of plastic container) and fill er' up with straight liquor, then mix poolside with their ice and lemonade. Less trips to room. And then take turns making said trips! Works out very well! Have Fun!

How do you actually execute mixing your drinks? Are you constantly going back and forth to your cabin? Or do you have something that you carry your liquor in to pour on deck?

I plan on ordering some gin to mix with the lemon aid, but really don't want to be going back to the cabin constantly.

I just bring on an empty flask and fill it with my BV booze. It's small enough to fit in my pocket or even a woman's small clutch purse. Then just use my unlimited soda card to order my mixer...pour in a shot and enjoy.

But that's how you work off all the food you'll be eating!

If you have malibu or something of that sort the best thing to mix with is the Mango Passionfruit juice they have in the mornings on the lido deck..I'll also grab a couple of oranges from lido and squeeze them in... Best vessle to drink out of are bubba mugs...

We bring Crown Royal, Bacardi 151, and 1800 tequila. We mixed them with the juices, tea, coffee and lemonade on board, depending on the time of day, etc. We did use our rum runners & kept them hidden throughout the cruise. The little ones we took to the lido or to dinner, etc. We also bought the drink tickets prior for beer if we wanted that instead. On the next cruise we will be bringing the crystal light packets to mix as well as pop (flew in day of cruise last time & didn't get to stop for pop). We have 4 of the Carnival cups (my inlaws & ours...depending on who's cruising next gets the cups) so we'll fill 2 of the 4 w/ "refills" of juice, tea, etc. that way when we're out, we just fill the other cups right back up. Also, if you want to buy the cups, we found that the cheapest way to buy them was to go to the bars & purchase them. (We had one crack on day & had to replace it). hope this helps. :):):)

Kahula and Cream. Love as my afternoon and evening drink. Room service brings me cream, real cream, so I mix my own in a brandy sniffer and put ice in it. Love love love it.

yummm. i have too go and buy some now too sip on this week because it sounds so good.;)

Archived