Can anyone explain the cabin categories?

HeartNP

Hi.

I just booked a balcony cabin on the Miracle, (cabin 7111), but was curious about what the different "categories" mean? It looks like my cabin is a category 8D. What does that mean, and what is the "ranking" of the categories?? I guess I thought all "balcony" cabins were equal! I know there are some called "premium", etc, but I was wondering if the room size itself was the same?

Thanks to anyone who can explain this!

Karen

All 8 categories are basically the same in size and layout (except for a handful of exceptions).

The letters indicate where your cabin is located and, on this ship, the size of your balcony. Some of the higher 8 categories will have an extended balcony on this class of ship, so instead of 30 sq ft, your balcony will be 60 sq ft.

As the above posters mentioned "8" means balcony and the letter that follows (A-F) is about deck level and location. Your 8D happens to be in the front of the ship on deck 7. Our cabins for our upcoming Miracle cruise are also 8Ds, but we're in the aft of the ship. An 8D in the "midship" area would be one deck lower. The highest ranked traditional balcony room is an 8F, which would be deck 8 "midship".

But to answer your question, they are all the same "cabin wise", the letter following the "8" just gives the location on the ship.

Last cruise we had an 8K which was an extended balcony (mid-ship deck 7). The cabin portion of the room is exactly the same size as the other "8" category balconies, the only difference was our balcony was about 15" deeper than a regular balcony, but again, the cabin was the exact same.

There are some pics of the cabin in my signature link (page 2 I think)

Archived