Time question..

atnick11

Hey all...my family and I are going to be on Carnival Legend stopping in Roatan. We have booked the dolphin swim and snorkel through the cruise ship which is from 8am to noon. Our ship is in port from 8am to 3pm. We really wanted to go see Victor Bodden's monkey attraction but Im not sure if we will have time. Has anyone gone to see the monkey's? Where is it and how far is it from port?

Suggestions?

From what i understand the monkeys are in Sandy Bay between the ship dock and the Dolphins at Anthony's Key

If it were me..I would ask Anthony's Key to sort out a cab, so I could have a visit with the monkeys on the way back to the ship. I do not know of the ships excursion people will let ya do this..but I don't see any reason for them not to.

I think it depends on who you are.

There have been many reports of people enjoying a visit with the monkeys.

There have been at least two reports of the monkeys being aggressive and biting people, one was a small child.

I personally loathe zoos or any place that has animals that should be wild and free in cages. Luna Beach has macaws in a cage, very time I walk past it just breaks my heart to see things that should free and flying stuffed in a cage. Maybe I was a caged bird in a past life. :0)

We are booked with NCL Dolphin Swim and Snorkel (had to book thru NCL) in Roatan from 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM but we are in port from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM and want to explore a little if we can. I read that Roatan Pirates Bay offers free shuttles to their beach but want more info but their website doesnt give alot of info about what is there. HELP!

Pirates Bay has a restaurant, craft shops, bar, beautiful beach, kiosk to rent snorkeling gear and water toys......it's no more than a 10 minute ride from Coxen Hole (where your ship will dock). You should be able to get more information from the Tourist Information Booth at the port.

Archived