What Paperwork Do You Take With You?

When I called RCI to confirm that we had the $100 OBC on our account they assured me that we did but when looking online for something to print out as proof it doesn't show! Any thoughts?

I called last Friday to confirm that my RCCL Visa points(which I had redeemed back in December) had been applied to the cruise I am taking this Friday. The girl said yes, but when I asked for an updated invoice to show as proof, she said my TA had to request it. So, if you booked through a TA, they must request it. If you called and booked it yourself, you can request it. From what I have read on CC before, you can only get it online if you booked online. It can be emailed to you as a pdf file, so if youre cruise is coming up soon, you don't have to worry about slow mail.

I called last Friday to confirm that my RCCL Visa points(which I had redeemed back in December) had been applied to the cruise I am taking this Friday. The girl said yes, but when I asked for an updated invoice to show as proof, she said my TA had to request it. So, if you booked through a TA, they must request it. If you called and booked it yourself, you can request it. From what I have read on CC before, you can only get it online if you booked online. It can be emailed to you as a pdf file, so if youre cruise is coming up soon, you don't have to worry about slow mail.

Thanks! I booked through RCI on the phone during the WOW sale. I will call them again and have them email it to me.

Thanks! I booked through RCI on the phone during the WOW sale. I will call them again and have them email it to me.

You're welcome. You shouldn't have any problems. My case was a little different. When I initially made the reservation a few months ago, I had called RCI myself because I saw a great price drop, but it was the weekend and my TA wasn't open. I didn't want to risk losing the rate (or the great locations of the rooms I was booking), so I put a hold on the rooms. When I went to the TA to have her complete the booking, the RCI rep refused to talk to her and insisted that I be the one to complete the booking. Anyway, by the time I got home a little later, I had been emailed a copy of the invoice for each of the rooms that I booked. We had the reservation officially transferred to the TA, and now that I actually want an updated invoice I can't request it myself. It's kind of ironic...or maybe not. I know, my story was a little long, but I am in a "cruising"/"talking about cruising" mood today!:p

Is this the same exact one they hand you at the pier? Does RCI accept it if you have this one already filled out?

This is what I have been told repeatedly on these boards. I'll know for sure in a few weeks. Also, I am pretty sure somewhere is the waiver for children to be able to do the rock climbing wall.

I also take copies of my rental car reservations (or shuttles to/from airport); any hotel reservations; any groupon excursions for the port (believe it or not I monitored those type of deals for months for FLL) also putting it in chronological order.

Exactly! I take actual passport off the ship with me but leave a copy in the safe. Have seen people try and get back on with a copy when they ask for ID along with SeaPass. It isn't a very smooth enterance back on.

So when we re-board the ship we have to have our passports too? I was just going to take a copy in case something happened and we couldn't get back to the ship. I never thought that I would have to show the passport to get back on the ship. Thanks for letting me know.

This is what I have been told repeatedly on these boards. I'll know for sure in a few weeks. Also, I am pretty sure somewhere is the waiver for children to be able to do the rock climbing wall.

Maybe I will print out a couple of copies and fill them out. I know the form isn't long, but it's one less thing to have to stabd there and fill out when we get to the port.

Archived