Barcelona Hotels.

uncletanus

Good morning,

You are going to LOVE Barcelona. Amazing city with lots to do and see.

We stayed at the trendy Hotel 1898, located directly on Las Ramblas. Great hotel, beautiful rooms. It's a trendy boutique style hotel thats centrally located. Reasonably priced.

For dinner, splurge and dine at Neichel (it's a Relais & Chateaux property). You'll need to take a cab.......but worth it.

Enjoy!!!!!

I'll be boarding the Cloud while you're still on the Wind.

Bon Voyage!

ScottToronto

Since you are staying three days, let me suggest an alternative. Rent an apartment! There are several sites including vrbo.com that offer self catering apartments in various parts of Barcelona. We just stayed three nights pre-cruise in an apartment in the Gothic Quarter with two balconies overlooking the Roman Wall and Placa de Traginers and it was GREAT. We were able to walk easily to Jaume and Licieu stations and the Cathedral was less than 10 minutes away. Not everyone's cup of tea but fits us nice. There are apartments available on the beach and other parts of town as well. Depending on what you are looking for you may or may not be able to save money over a hotel, too. Taxi from airport to Gothic quarter was about 25 euros and from our apartment to the ship 12 euros (could've walked, but not into bag drags).

Greg

My two favorite hotels in Barcelona are both in the Eixemple, the nicest area fo the city filled with restaurants, boutiques, as well as two Gaudi houses, both on the Passeig de Gracia, the main street. If you like a traditional hotel check out El Palace, formerly the Ritz. It has been completely renovated in 2009/2010 and is just lovely with one of hte most beautiful breakfast room around. If you prefer a more contemporary style try the Mandarin Oriental. Great service and style and location.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I will be in Barcelona 3 days before our cruise on the Wind leaves on April 17th. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a pre cruise hotel in Barcelona
If you are not too choosy, try the Hotel Colon Barcelona, a local four star right across the street from the cathedral, at the centre of the tourist district with restaurants, shops, ATMs, everything right by. It is a local four star and the rates are reasonable (from as low as 110 euros per night including breakfast in April). We stayed there several days in 2004, and it was good enough for us. Hope this helps.

Archived