Walk to NOLA port?

Simplertimes

We stayed there before and had not issue walking to Riverwalk (no luggage in tow). The Riverwalk is close to the port but you ahve to go down around the convention center and there are no sidewalks or anything from what I could tell in the cab. I have read over and over not to attempt it.

We got off the Voyager Jan 2012. We walked (and mom rode her scooter) to JW Marriot on Canal Street. We used a luggage service, from these boards to have out luggage delivered to the hotel. Advancecheckin.com

$25.00 for 5 bags or $5 a bag.

The streets are very uneven and you have the RR Crossings to roll over. It can be done though. I would walk rather than then pay the $7.00 per person flat fee to take a cab......

Hello - we're staying at the Drury Inn. Is is easy to walk to the ship from there? Having rolling luggage, so no lugging heavy bags. We are in good shape, so a small distance wouldn't be a problem.

Just wondering.

I don't think walking is an option- ask the hotel if their shuttle could drop you off.

Don't know how many people you have, but I would pay the $7.00 for a taxi for sure. Because we had 7 people, taxi would have been 49.00 plus tip, so my son drove us to the port with luggage and dropped us off, then went back to Drury and rode a taxi to meet us back at the port:) very easy to do.

Archived