Which way first?

Sportsdoc

Veteran Dream cruisers....I understand that once we board Day 1 there is a buffett in either Cabanas or the Enchanted Garden. Which do you perfer????

I have not been to the Enchanted Garden for lunch on embark day - however from what I have gathered from those that have been it is set up buffet style - as is Cabanas, and the offerings are not as varied. The atmosphere is probably a bit more quiet though.

I have been on the Dream twice and both times went to Cabanas. I really enjoy their lunch offerings and it was never too crowded.

I have not been to the Enchanted Garden for lunch on embark day - however from what I have gathered from those that have been it is set up buffet style - as is Cabanas, and the offerings are not as varied. The atmosphere is probably a bit more quiet though.

I have been on the Dream twice and both times went to Cabanas. I really enjoy their lunch offerings and it was never too crowded.

The choices are for the most part the same. However, since enchanted garden is on deck 2, it is somewhat quieter and more intimate. Cabanas is open and airy with lots of windows, and much brighter. I would stay up on 11 and go to Cabanas, given the choice. The often direct you to one or the other as you board, based on which one is less busy. We went straight to the Aquaduck instead, and got in a few quick rides before it got busy. By the time we finished lunch we could go to our cabin!

Cabanas - for the view (over the port, KSC and frequently a Carnival ship).

Nice buffet with many choices, all stations are not the same. Busy but manageable. More the noise of cruise excitement than a problem distraction.

Not to distract from the original post, but does anyone know if there is a place by the pool with hamburgers, etc on that first day ~ just in case we decided to go by the pool. Thanks for your information.

Looking at the DCL Navigators, (the onboard daily newpaper) it lists the counter service restaurants opening at 12:00 noon on the first day. The same as Cabanas'.

Archived