Island Princess 10 day cruise

bigguy6

We are going on this cruise in Feb. Based on our only other 10 day cruise I am expecting an older clientel (that's alright because we aren't particularly spring chickens ourselves anymore). What I am wondering is: Does anyone have an educated opinion as to how many Platinum and Elite passengers would likely be on a cruise of this nature? Would it be alot or not so many?

We are going on this cruise in Feb. Based on our only other 10 day cruise I am expecting an older clientel (that's alright because we aren't particularly spring chickens ourselves anymore). What I am wondering is: Does anyone have an educated opinion as to how many Platinum and Elite passengers would likely be on a cruise of this nature? Would it be alot or not so many?

We are Platinum and we are going in Feb.:D

The mix is going to vary more on the age than the Captain's Circle status. Having done the 14 day Full Transit and the 10 day Partial, you are more than likely going to have more middle-to-upper age passengers, though there were quite a few of the mid 20-to-upper 30's people on the 10 day cruise that said that they had a great time after thinking they were going to be "Stuck with a bunch of Old People".

On both cruises it seemed to be a even mix of "Blue, Gold, Platinum and Black" cards. I don't think you are going to have a larger amount of one than the other. IMHO

We are Platinum cruisers in our 30s and going in November.

We've done that itinerary 5 times; the last time, there were so many Platinum and Elites that they ran out of space in the terminal before boarding. But the previous times, it seemed to be maybe just a little above average. There were hardly any Platinum/Elites on our 7 day Alaska cruise last July. I do think the 10 vs. 7 day itinerary has some effect.

In October I would have to say maybe 30 percent were platinum/elite based on the lounges at boarding. As I wandered the hall I noticed more gold than anything else.

Age was a real mix, but mostly 30+ only 13 kids/teens on board.

Archived