On Summit Now ...and Never Again!

The Admiral

Implications 'can' mean quite a bit. Here is a perfect example. No, you did not 'say' that, but, in the context of how you worded it, it is implied that I am contradicting myself, which could be construed as 'wrong'. Just as the implication (not the specific word but the implication) of 'requested' IS 'required'. No, it doesn't 'SAY' required, but it implies it.

And, before I get yanked for having way to much to say on this, I'll just let it go.

Talk amongst yourselves. Have fun.

Well, OK, definitions don't make a lot of difference except to sea lawyers, and boy do we seem to have a lot of sea lawyers that don't want to conform to requested quidelines.

I hope that was ok for talking amongst ourselves. I don't want anyone getting verklampt here. Lord knows that couldn't be good for any of us!

jc;) :D

I am a simple chap with equally simple tastes. I booked my first cruise having researched the options and Celebrity came out as being slightly more formal than some of the mainstream with a reputation for excellent service. "Mmmm" I thought. "That sounds good to me. Sitting at the same table for dinner and enjoying bonding with my tablemates and dressing up for the occasion". I didn't need my New Oxford Dictionary to work out how I was to dress at dinner. I put on my jacket and tie on informal nights as I read so as not to offend any of my tablemates. I wore my tux on formal nights. I don't get much of a chance to do that. And I enjoyed myself. Surely that's what it is all about?

Phil

Archived