When do you get charged the corkage fee?

ctfamilyof5

If I bring a couple bottles of wine on board - when do I get charged the corkage fee - immediately when the wine is brought on - or not until the wine is actually opened?

If we never open a bottle at the end of the cruise are you still charged? Also how does it work if you open in your room - how or who charges you then?

I understand when you bring it to the restuarant and they open it, you are charged and the bottle is labeled for you~

Thanks!

After you go through security at the port you will go to a table to pay the corkage, before you go on the ship. Once you pay they will put a sticker on your bottle indicating you've paid it. From that point on you can do what you want with it. You can even take it to the restaurant and have them store it for you if you want.

You pay for all bottles at embarkation; it's a good idea to have the bottles in your carry-on luggage. There is a table where you present the bottles and they add the charges to your onboard account before you ecer get on the ship. Once they affix the sticker you can drink in your cabin or restaurant; you can ask a waiter in restaurant or bar to "check" a partial bottle if you don't want to carry it around the ship with you.

If you have unopened bottles at the end of the cruise I have been told you may take them to a bar to have the corkage fee for the unopened bottles removed from your account. We were given a bit of a runaround from the bar personnel, so we spoke to the concierge who took care of the situation.

We had two different experiences with this. Both times were out of NYC and for both times our wine was clearly within our carryon luggage. In May 2010, we were not charged prior to boarding. Instead, if we took a bottle to dinner, the corkage fee was then added to our account for that bottle. We paid no corkage fee for the bottles we drank in our cabin. In November 2011, there was a table to which we were directed after the security check-in and we were then charged a corkage fee for all of the bottles.

If I bring a couple bottles of wine on board - when do I get charged the corkage fee - immediately when the wine is brought on - or not until the wine is actually opened?

If we never open a bottle at the end of the cruise are you still charged? Also how does it work if you open in your room You have already been charged.

I understand when you bring it to the restuarant and they open it, you are charged and the bottle is labeled for you~

Thanks!

If you bring the wine in your carry on, there will be a table immediately after you go through security. Your account will be charged at that time and a "Corkage Paid" sticker will be affixed to each bottle.

NCL allows you to bring on unlimited amounts of wine that you can enjoy anywhere on the ship -- meaning the dining rooms, specialty restaurants, bars AND your cabin/balcony for a $15 per 750ml bottle.

If you put in your checked luggage, the wine may or may not be detected. If it is, you report to the Naughty Room. It is here where your account will be charged and the stickers affixed.

If for some reason your wine is not detected and you take a bottle to the aforementioned spots, you will be charged then for the corkage. Your account will also be checked to make sure you have paid corkage.

If you not not consume a bottle of wine where the corkage has been paid, you present the bottle to Guest Services and they will remove the corkage fee. This is done the morning of disembarkation.

I was on the jade a couple of weeks ago, in barcelona, I had 6 bottles of wine in my carry on ( not just for me lol) we went through an xray point at the entrance to the port. but then passed a lot of shops selling alcohol, i saw many people buying it, but i noticed the prices were quite high compared to shops on shore., we then boarded the ship , no more xray. I had all my information from these boards.. so i looked for the corkage table and went and paid my fee.. but no one checked my bags or told me to pay the corkage..and i saw many people just wak on by who had made the purchases in the port shops...as it happened the officer who took my corkage fee popped the labels on my bottles , but very kindly only charged me for 3, i signed for it to go on my onboard account, he gave me a reciept. last week i was just going over my final bill to check that the bank had paid the correct amount and noticed the corkage fee didnt appear... so it seems i was a lucky girl..

When i took the bottles to the restaurant i noticed they did check the corkage label..so as someone previously stated I expect if you didnt have one they would make you pay the corkage then.:)

Archived