Jewel Family Suite 8668

We were fortunate to grab a family suite on the Jewel for the April 9, 2012 departure from Tampa--lucky checking the RCI website! This will be our first time on the Jewel, and first Royal Caribbean cruise in five years.

We would welcome any photos or suggestions for enjoying this suite--especially the space on the balcony. We always look forward to mornings and sunsets on our balcony--these look to be pretty large on the stern of the ship. We've never had an aft cabin, but have enjoyed connecting cabins or a family suite on other cruises.

Appreciate any advice--we know already that five days won't be enough!

Thanks

I had 8668 on the Jewel's twin, the Serenade this fall. Our balcony had two loungers and two other chairs on it, and yes, we enjoyed it. I did take a few pictures of the cabin, but I am electronically challenged. I could probably email them to you if you want to give me your address. You can email me at my screen name at yahoo dot com.

HI,

I just spent 2 glorious weeks on Radiance in 8668.

Fantastic room. Yes the balcony is big. We had a round table and 4 comfortable chairs. We were able to bring a dinning chair out as well and have 5 adults eating at the table. It was very cosy but manageable. There was also 2 lounge chairs out there. It was a little bit crowded buy very usable.

The room is lovely. We had two very messy 21 yo sleeping in the lounge room. The sofa bed was left folded out most days as was the roller bed but you could still walk around. We didn't spend a huge amount of time in the room. It was either on the deck or on the concierge lounge. the bedrooms were great as were the bathrooms.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561859031pMpOYa here are a stack of photos of the Radiance room.

Enjoy. :D

AussieVisi2r: We really enjoyed the pictures in your album--the suite looks great and must have been fantastic for a two week cruise. Did you get much sun on the balcony during the day, or is it mostly covered from the suite on deck 9? The loungers look very inviting--my wife is hoping for some quiet sun/reading time on the days at sea.

Thanks for your reply and photos!

• 3 years later...
HI,

I just spent 2 glorious weeks on Radiance in 8668.

Fantastic room. Yes the balcony is big. We had a round table and 4 comfortable chairs. We were able to bring a dinning chair out as well and have 5 adults eating at the table. It was very cosy but manageable. There was also 2 lounge chairs out there. It was a little bit crowded buy very usable.

The room is lovely. We had two very messy 21 yo sleeping in the lounge room. The sofa bed was left folded out most days as was the roller bed but you could still walk around. We didn't spend a huge amount of time in the room. It was either on the deck or on the concierge lounge. the bedrooms were great as were the bathrooms.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561859031pMpOYa here are a stack of photos of the Radiance room.

Enjoy. :D

Searching through old threads here for 8668 photos. Any chance you have a current/functional link for your images?

THANKS,

Tom