question on next cruise certificates

Shooraq

I booked a Next Cruise a few weeks back on Brilliance, because the 2014 NE/Canada sailings were not yet ready. I had my TA book the actual sailing with our NC cert last week.

I was expecting to have to pay an additional $800 deposit because we booked a GS, but TA said no. I pushed a bit and said that I was under the impression that GS and above required the full (double) deposit. She said that she verified with RCCL and "April" told her that my $200 deposit was it - until final payment.

Not sure if I should just sit it out or call someone myself? Any thoughts?

thanks,

Mike

I booked a Next Cruise a few weeks back on Brilliance, because the 2014 NE/Canada sailings were not yet ready. I had my TA book the actual sailing with our NC cert last week.

I was expecting to have to pay an additional $800 deposit because we booked a GS, but TA said no. I pushed a bit and said that I was under the impression that GS and above required the full (double) deposit. She said that she verified with RCCL and "April" told her that my $200 deposit was it - until final payment.

Not sure if I should just sit it out or call someone myself? Any thoughts?

thanks,

Mike

April gave your TA some bad information. When converting a NC into a specific cruise and booking a GS or above, the deposit is double that of the normal deposit. From the RCI website Why are we increasing our deposits on suites?

I would definitely have your TA call back and speak to someone else. Don't want you to lose that GS.

April gave your TA some bad information. When converting a NC into a specific cruise and booking a GS or above, the deposit is double that of the normal deposit. From the RCI website Why are we increasing our deposits on suites?

I would definitely have your TA call back and speak to someone else. Don't want you to lose that GS.

Thanks so much Patti -- I was sure that this is what I read onboard and even (half way) recall the LA stating this to me -- as I was in a GS on Brilliance.

Sort of frustrating that a RCI rep wouldn't know this info - but I guess we aren't all perfect. I've written my TA and if she gets the same information again, I'll call RCI myself.

Mike

Thanks so much Patti -- I was sure that this is what I read onboard and even (half way) recall the LA stating this to me -- as I was in a GS on Brilliance.

Sort of frustrating that a RCI rep wouldn't know this info - but I guess we aren't all perfect. I've written my TA and if she gets the same information again, I'll call RCI myself.

Mike

You're welcome Mike. Let us know what happens.

You're welcome Mike. Let us know what happens.

All set.... We were right. My TA talked to someone else who knew the facts - she told them that they needed to improve their training, as this could have caused a bit of stink.

My deposit will be paid and I will keep my suite.

thanks again,

Mike

All set.... We were right. My TA talked to someone else who knew the facts - she told them that they needed to improve their training, as this could have caused a bit of stink.

My deposit will be paid and I will keep my suite.

thanks again,

Mike

Another Happy Ending!:)

The form is on RCCL.com, type in travel agency transfer form in the search box.

Welcome woehowdy. It helps on a message board if you quote the post you are referencing. The threads move really fast sometimes, with multiple posts. There is a blue button, lower right, on the post you wish to quote. Just to let you know. :)

Archived