question on next cruise certificates

Shooraq

Hi,

"you will get 2 Certificates for Family and Friends. "

do you know if that is done on all the ships or some only.

I booked a NC on board the Navigator in Dec. 2011 and was not given the certificates. They were provided on my previous purchases of the NC.

I went back to see the Loyalty and Sales rep and inquired why the certificates were not delivered to my cabin.

His explanation was; " we do not do that anymore" , " just use the NC booking number as a reference for the other two cabins when booking a specific cruise and the same benefits will be provided for those cabins".

Not sure if that was done because they run out of the certificates or the rules got changed.

The LA told me the same thing last week on Monarch when I purchased a couple of NC's. He said they didn't have the F&F certs, but it was noted in my booking that I'm entitled to 2 F&F bookings which will get OBC.

This is exactly what happened to us in Dec too. NC emailed home, nothing about F& F, and I booked two cabins on Allure when we returned using the NC. They told me when I booked they made a " note" to include the second cabin as F& F, and would apply the 100 OBC. I have no idea if they did or not, but I will call after my Jewel cruise ( after I see I have been made " diamond" ) and make sure the invoice to reflects OBC for both cabins as well as my new diamond balcony discounts on each cabin. I'll let you know if it snafus, as it seems since December, they are handling this differently:confused:

You're welcome..........but I'm really not that smart.:o

Yes, she is!:D

I am doing a last minute trip this May (well, 3 months out is last minute to me) on Majesty and I have Allure booked for July 2013.

I have 4 cabins booked.

Can I purchase the Next Cruise certificate while onboard the Majesty, come home, have my TA cancel and then rebook my ressie for July 2013 using the Cruise Certificates?

My TA gives us OBC so I can use their OBC with the Cruise Certificate OBC, is that correct?

Thanks so much for all your help.

Call your TA, you may not even have to cancel.

We filled ours out on the last evening of our cruise and dropped it in the box. That was 2 weeks ago, and I haven't received any confirmation. Has anyone else filled it out last minute like we did? Do they mail you a certificate?

I was just on the Oasis and filled out the form on the last day and dropped it in the box. I found a confirmation email in my inbox when I got home from the cruise that night!

I booked our 1/13/13 cruise last week using our certificate ($100 deposit each), and it says I have another $500 due a week later - does that sound right?

Royal's computer system does not handle reduced deposit situations like WOW sales and NC certificates. The invoice and website will say you owe more deposit. Unless you booked a GS or better stateroom, your $100 per person deposit is sufficient. However, for safety sake, I'd call Royal for confirmation.

I have read all the comments and can't find the limitations on the number of NC certificates you can purchase. If my wife and I are in one cabin can we each purchase 1 NC certificate in each persons name, in other words get two certificates on one cruise?

Mike

I have read all the comments and can't find the limitations on the number of NC certificates you can purchase. If my wife and I are in one cabin can we each purchase 1 NC certificate in each persons name, in other words get two certificates on one cruise?

Mike

Yes

I dropped one off at the C&A Loyalty desk on a cruise last year and I never received anything from them before leaving the ship. I ended up having to argue with customer service on it. They did honor as I called riht away when I got home.

[quote name=wieslaw

]Hi,

Pineview already gave you some time frame.

I will explain a little more.

You do not have to make an appointment if you just want to book / purchase Next Cruise - decide later.

There are "Next Cruise" forms available in the Business Office - just get one or two and fill them out whenever you want. Drop them in a box in their office and a day or two later you will get a confirmation delivered to your cabin. Very simple form - got a copy in front of me.

Make sure that you check ( V or X or whatever ) the little box on the buttom of the form in front of this statement: "Should you wish to Decide Later who will handle your next cruise booking, please check here" if you do not check that box your just made booking will go to : " Royal Caribbean will notify the Travel Professional who handled your current cruise reservation of this new booking."

If you want to see the Loyalty and Cruise sales person you may do so .... sometimes they are very busy and an appointment needs to be made.

You may also make an Open booking for Celebrity or Azamara - you will have to see the Loyalty and Sales people for that.

Keep in mind that "Decide Later deposit is non-refundable" but also never expires. Just put one name and the other name TBA - deposit will be $100.

• 9 months later...

what if the trip i wanted to book is within the time i need to pay in full when i am booking(Feb 2013 trip), can i still book with RCI on online and transfer to TA along with Next Cruise booking?

or i need to fill out transfer form to transfer Next Cruise booking to TA and then have TA to book this specific trip?:confused:

what if the trip i wanted to book is within the time i need to pay in full when i am booking(Feb 2013 trip), can i still book with RCI on online and transfer to TA along with Next Cruise booking?

or i need to fill out transfer form to transfer Next Cruise booking to TA and then have TA to book this specific trip?:confused:

You can't transfer to a travel agent if you've made final payment. And since you'd have to make final payment to book directly with the cruise line...the answer would be no.

Call or email the TA and see if they will take over your NC booking. Explain what you want to do. You might be able to fax it to them or provide the booking number and book with the TA directly.

You can't transfer to a travel agent if you've made final payment. And since you'd have to make final payment to book directly with the cruise line...the answer would be no.

Call or email the TA and see if they will take over your NC booking. Explain what you want to do. You might be able to fax it to them or provide the booking number and book with the TA directly.

I think this is good advice. We were able to transfer an unnassigned NC to a travel agent a couple of years ago.

Bob

I bought a NC booking in my name only with $100 deposit. I recently converted it to a booking for a balcony cabin and added DH. My travel agent immediately charged an additional $400 deposit for a total of $500. I thought there was no additional deposit due until final payment which is February 2013.

I bought a NC booking in my name only with $100 deposit. I recently converted it to a booking for a balcony cabin and added DH. My travel agent immediately charged an additional $400 deposit for a total of $500. I thought there was no additional deposit due until final payment which is February 2013.

Your TA made an error. After you converted your NC and then added your DH you should have only been charged an additional $100 for him. No further money due until final payment.

Your TA made an error. After you converted your NC and then added your DH you should have only been charged an additional $100 for him. No further money due until final payment.

The only thing that comes to mind is that the travel agent may have put you into a group booking. I may be wrong, but think I read here that a group booking requires a full deposit, even if using an NC.

Bob

Can a NC be transferred to a different name? I bought 3 on my last trip, a gift for my daughters, and it looks like she won't be able to take a vacation for a few years (recent college grad--with a job {YAY!} in a very competitive field) I have some other family members who would like to use it, can we transfer it to them? Or should I book it in her name, and then change the name later on the reservation...

Thanks.

Can a NC be transferred to a different name? I bought 3 on my last trip, a gift for my daughters, and it looks like she won't be able to take a vacation for a few years (recent college grad--with a job {YAY!} in a very competitive field) I have some other family members who would like to use it, can we transfer it to them? Or should I book it in her name, and then change the name later on the reservation...

Thanks.

To my knowledge, at least one name on a booking must remain the same.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I want to use my NCCs to make a booking on an Alaska cruise.

We do not have TA's where I live so how do I proceed with certificate when booking online?

Does anyone know?

All help is tremendously appreciated. :)

Hi,

I want to use my NCCs to make a booking on an Alaska cruise.

We do not have TA's where I live so how do I proceed with certificate when booking online?

Does anyone know?

All help is tremendously appreciated. :)

You cannot process a Next Cruise certificate online. You must call Royal and ask them to assign a cruise to your NC.

First off, in the future, never fill out the form on the last night because you will not get your confirmation letter/email before you disembark the ship.........and this is rather important. Also, check your credit card statement and see if there was a separate charge from RCI at either $100 or $200 (depending on how many names you had on your form).

When we purchased ours on Radiance, we got Confirmation Invoices by email while on the ship from RCI indicating that we had created NextCruise bookings. We did get the Certs for Family & Friends while on board.

You may want to call C&A at 1-800-526-9723 and see if they have a record of your applying for one.

Interesting to see this.

I bought two in August while sailing back to back (one each week) and received email confirmations shortly after returning home.

We used one already for our December cruise.

I bought another while on or December cruise and never received an email confirmation. I just got my credit card statement and see a charge of $200.00. I thought that was odd but also recall that the form was different and asked for both of our names (husband & wife) so I wonder if we were "sold" two?

I emailed C&A but have not yet received a reply.

Interesting to see this.

I bought two in August while sailing back to back (one each week) and received email confirmations shortly after returning home.

We used one already for our December cruise.

I bought another while on or December cruise and never received an email confirmation. I just got my credit card statement and see a charge of $200.00. I thought that was odd but also recall that the form was different and asked for both of our names (husband & wife) so I wonder if we were "sold" two?

I emailed C&A but have not yet received a reply.

I would call C&A (1-800-526-9723) and make your inquiry. You may have to wait on hold for 5 minutes, but it's better to talk with someone than to have your email get shuffled in the wrong pile.:)

It sounds like the NC that you purchased on your December cruise has both of your names that's why you were charged $200 ($100pp). In the future, you only need to put one name on the form.

Archived