question on next cruise certificates

Shooraq

I'm planning on getting my first NCC on my upcoming cruise. I'm a bit confused about how many people and what names to put on it. Is there any reason to add a second name at the time of purchase? If I put TBA as a second person, do I still have to pay $200? If I only it in my name and pay the $100, do I then pay a full deposit amount for any 2nd person I add to the cabin when I finally make my booking? Will the OBC be the same whether I book for one or two people?

Sooo many questions. Thanks for any help. :)

I'm planning on getting my first NCC on my upcoming cruise. I'm a bit confused about how many people and what names to put on it. Is there any reason to add a second name at the time of purchase? If I put TBA as a second person, do I still have to pay $200? If I only it in my name and pay the $100, do I then pay a full deposit amount for any 2nd person I add to the cabin when I finally make my booking? Will the OBC be the same whether I book for one or two people?

There is no reason I can think of to put a second name on a Next Cruise Certificate. When you finally decide on what cruise to assign to the NC, you can add the second person at that time, for only an additional $100 deposit.

I'll defer to Patti on whether you need 2 people in the cabin to get the full $100 OBC. I'm not sure about that one.

OBC is always per cabin no matter how many occupants there are.

When booking a cruise, at least one name on any booking must board the ship on embarkation day. So, if you are 100% sure that you will be that person then, when creating your NC booking (by that I mean, when you purchase it), just put it in your name and pay the $100 deposit. When you convert it to a specific sailing, then you can add another name and pay another $100 deposit and no further money is due until final payment.

I used to use these regularly, but then I had to cut back on cruising because DH is not well. I have forgotten so much about them.

When I was on the Oasis last year, I did not purchase one because I did not think I would use it. Now I wish I had. Can I ask a friend to get one for me when she cruises? (She would not be cruising with me when I go.)

Kathy

I used to use these regularly, but then I had to cut back on cruising because DH is not well. I have forgotten so much about them.

When I was on the Oasis last year, I did not purchase one because I did not think I would use it. Now I wish I had. Can I ask a friend to get one for me when she cruises? (She would not be cruising with me when I go.)

Kathy

I don't know what company policy is, so it may depend on the loyalty ambassador. I've had friends by me one, and I've also bought one for friends.

I purchased a next cruise certificate on Oasis in December 2011. I also picked up their brochure that details the program. I figured it would be good to have to remind me exactly what the program was that I bought into. I have it scanned and can send it to those interested. Just contact me at gcuemail at gmail dot com

I've never quite understood what these are. I usually wait to book again when I get back. Last year I booked while onboard, they said it was a reduced deposit ($100 per person for a 8 night), and $100 OBC. I worried a lot because as soon as I got back, the online system indicated the remaining balance of the deposit was due immediately. Never did pay it, and the reservation was fine.

After my upcoming cruise I will be Diamond... since level changes happen AFTER the completed cruise, do I have to wait until I return to book to get the benefit of my new level?

Would Next Cruise Certificate help me here?

I am doing a last minute trip this May (well, 3 months out is last minute to me) on Majesty and I have Allure booked for July 2013.

I have 4 cabins booked.

Can I purchase the Next Cruise certificate while onboard the Majesty, come home, have my TA cancel and then rebook my ressie for July 2013 using the Cruise Certificates?

My TA gives us OBC so I can use their OBC with the Cruise Certificate OBC, is that correct?

Thanks so much for all your help.

Can anyone please let me know if I can do the above.

I would greatly appreciate it.

We have 4 cabins. Can my mother purchase a certificate and I purchase a certificate, can we purchase 4 certificates? Thanks so much!

I am doing a last minute trip this May (well, 3 months out is last minute to me) on Majesty and I have Allure booked for July 2013.

I have 4 cabins booked.

Can I purchase the Next Cruise certificate while onboard the Majesty, come home, have my TA cancel and then rebook my ressie for July 2013 using the Cruise Certificates?

My TA gives us OBC so I can use their OBC with the Cruise Certificate OBC, is that correct?

Thanks so much for all your help.

Yes you can, but when you cancel and rebook if the cruise fare has increased you will pay the higher amount and you may lose the cabin locations because once you cancel those cabins go back into inventory immediately. Your TA may have a way to save them for you, I don't know.

You can combine any perks from a TA, OBC as a gift from family or redeeming Visa Points with a NC booking.

I've never quite understood what these are. I usually wait to book again when I get back. Last year I booked while onboard, they said it was a reduced deposit ($100 per person for a 8 night), and $100 OBC. I worried a lot because as soon as I got back, the online system indicated the remaining balance of the deposit was due immediately. Never did pay it, and the reservation was fine.

After my upcoming cruise I will be Diamond... since level changes happen AFTER the completed cruise, do I have to wait until I return to book to get the benefit of my new level?

Would Next Cruise Certificate help me here?

Your points are added to your history after the completion of any cruise. So any future cruise will reflect your new level and will enable you to take advantage of the Diamond benefits.

Creating a NC booking while on board is something that you do because you aren't sure what cruise you want to do in the future or the itinerary you are interested in has not yet been released.

By having a NC at home and readily available, when an itinerary becomes available that you want to do, you can convert that NC into a specific booking and get the OBC plus either a balcony discount or the ability to use a C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your cruise.

A NC booking never expires but has a non-refundable deposit. When creating it on board, just put it in one person's name and pay the $100 deposit. vWhen you convert it and add another name you will have to pay another $100 but no further money is due until final payment.

Yes you can, but when you cancel and rebook if the cruise fare has increased you will pay the higher amount and you may lose the cabin locations because once you cancel those cabins go back into inventory immediately. Your TA may have a way to save them for you, I don't know.

You can combine any perks from a TA, OBC as a gift from family or redeeming Visa Points with a NC booking.

Your points are added to your history after the completion of any cruise. So any future cruise will reflect your new level and will enable you to take advantage of the Diamond benefits.

Creating a NC booking while on board is something that you do because you aren't sure what cruise you want to do in the future or the itinerary you are interested in has not yet been released.

By having a NC at home and readily available, when an itinerary becomes available that you want to do, you can convert that NC into a specific booking and get the OBC plus either a balcony discount or the ability to use a C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your cruise.

A NC booking never expires but has a non-refundable deposit. When creating it on board, just put it in one person's name and pay the $100 deposit. vWhen you convert it and add another name you will have to pay another $100 but no further money is due until final payment.

Thank you very much.

I booked our Allure cruise about a year ago for NEXT July 2013 and the prices haven't moved at all for 2 balconys, one inside and one PR. I'm sure it will after we purchase the certificates. LOL

Can we purchase 4 certificates and apply to each cabin if we see the prices have remained the same?

Thanks SOOO much!

Thank you very much.

I booked our Allure cruise about a year ago for NEXT July 2013 and the prices haven't moved at all for 2 balconys, one inside and one PR. I'm sure it will after we purchase the certificates. LOL

Can we purchase 4 certificates and apply to each cabin if we see the prices have remained the same?

Thanks SOOO much!

OK, I've reread your original question after my first cup of coffee.:o Since you already have cabins booked and through a TA, I really don't know how you would do what you want to do.

You would almost have to cancel your existing bookings prior to leaving for your cruise on Majesty and then rebook while on the ship.

NC bookings are created when you want to cruise but have no idea what ship/itinerary/sailing date you want to do. So you go home and research. You already have a booking for Allure.

With each NC booking, when created, you will get 2 Certificates for Family and Friends. Once you have converted the NC into a specific cruise, the you can give the certificates to those that want to do the same cruise as you are and they have 30 days from when you convert to book the same cruise.

I bought our first cruise Cert on our last cruise and since we had booked that one thru our TA, they automatically sent a copy of our next cruise cert to our TA. My only error, was getting the Cert only in my name and not going back within 30 days of getting home and using the family brochure that was sent to me to include DH and the daughter.

I bought our first cruise Cert on our last cruise and since we had booked that one thru our TA, they automatically sent a copy of our next cruise cert to our TA. My only error, was getting the Cert only in my name and not going back within 30 days of getting home and using the family brochure that was sent to me to include DH and the daughter.

Gay, when you created your NC booking you only needed to have one name on the booking. Once you converted it into a specific cruise you add your husband/daughter and pay an additional $100pp with no further money due until final payment.

The 30 day time limit only applies to the Certificates for Family and Friends that you would give out. These folks then have 30 days from the date that you have converted your NC to book the same cruise.

OK, I've reread your original question after my first cup of coffee.:o Since you already have cabins booked and through a TA, I really don't know how you would do what you want to do.

You would almost have to cancel your existing bookings prior to leaving for your cruise on Majesty and then rebook while on the ship.

NC bookings are created when you want to cruise but have no idea what ship/itinerary/sailing date you want to do. So you go home and research. You already have a booking for Allure.

With each NC booking, when created, you will get 2 Certificates for Family and Friends. Once you have converted the NC into a specific cruise, the you can give the certificates to those that want to do the same cruise as you are and they have 30 days from when you convert to book the same cruise.

Thanks. I could do this with my TA just as I would myself.

If prices remain the same, I will have them cancel my cruise and rebook for each cabin.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. I appreciate your help.

Thanks. I could do this with my TA just as I would myself.

If prices remain the same, I will have them cancel my cruise and rebook for each cabin.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. I appreciate your help.

You're welcome. Sorry it got a little confusing.:o

Gay, when you created your NC booking you only needed to have one name on the booking. Once you converted it into a specific cruise you add your husband/daughter and pay an additional $100pp with no further money due until final payment.

The 30 day time limit only applies to the Certificates for Family and Friends that you would give out. These folks then have 30 days from the date that you have converted your NC to book the same cruise.

I just booked our cruise - and let the family and friends know that they have 30 days to make up their mind if they want the reduced deposit and OBC! Once we have all 3 cabins finalized - we'll have 30 days to shop those 3 cabins to a few TA's to see what they can offer us. This is kind of fun!

Patti thank you, I was told I would have to pay full deposit on my husband and daughter once I booked the cruise. since I hadn't included them initially. We will finally get our Aust Cruise and will book it as soon as the dates open up. Sadly a friend of ours passed away this passed Sept and were named in his will. We have always wanted to take the daughter since she is involved with kangaroors Wallabees etc with her show that she travels the states showing. She now has calls in Canada.

Gay

Hi,

"you will get 2 Certificates for Family and Friends. "

do you know if that is done on all the ships or some only.

I booked a NC on board the Navigator in Dec. 2011 and was not given the certificates. They were provided on my previous purchases of the NC.

I went back to see the Loyalty and Sales rep and inquired why the certificates were not delivered to my cabin.

His explanation was; " we do not do that anymore" , " just use the NC booking number as a reference for the other two cabins when booking a specific cruise and the same benefits will be provided for those cabins".

Not sure if that was done because they run out of the certificates or the rules got changed.

Hi,

"you will get 2 Certificates for Family and Friends. "

do you know if that is done on all the ships or some only.

I booked a NC on board the Navigator in Dec. 2011 and was not given the certificates. They were provided on my previous purchases of the NC.

I went back to see the Loyalty and Sales rep and inquired why the certificates were not delivered to my cabin.

His explanation was; " we do not do that anymore" , " just use the NC booking number as a reference for the other two cabins when booking a specific cruise and the same benefits will be provided for those cabins".

Not sure if that was done because they run out of the certificates or the rules got changed.

The LA told me the same thing last week on Monarch when I purchased a couple of NC's. He said they didn't have the F&F certs, but it was noted in my booking that I'm entitled to 2 F&F bookings which will get OBC.

On our LOS TA this past Oct, friends kept telling me to get the Next Cruise Cert, so did, filled it out and paid only for myself, not sure why I didn't add DH at the time, probably thought I only needed to add myself then when I booked our next cruise, could add him at the time. I did receive the two Family Cert in an envelope in our room. When we got home and saw our TA, she already had a copy faxed to her.

New question on next cruise certifiates. I bought certificate in March with only my name on it. I converted it to an actual cruise date in May, still leaving only one name on the reservation. When I go to add the 2nd name to it, do they get added at my original booking cabin rate or at the current booking rate? A rep at RCL said the original rate was the case when I booked and I just want to see if anyone has a personal experience with it.

Also I changed my May booking, from a 7 nights to a 11 night, a month or two later. My onboard credit is still showing $100. Should it have been changed to $150 because of the length of the cruise or did I get locked in at the $100 because the original booking?

New question on next cruise certifiates. I bought certificate in March with only my name on it. I converted it to an actual cruise date in May, still leaving only one name on the reservation. When I go to add the 2nd name to it, do they get added at my original booking cabin rate or at the current booking rate? A rep at RCL said the original rate was the case when I booked and I just want to see if anyone has a personal experience with it.

Also I changed my May booking, from a 7 nights to a 11 night, a month or two later. My onboard credit is still showing $100. Should it have been changed to $150 because of the length of the cruise or did I get locked in at the $100 because the original booking?

Having never added anyone after converting a NC, I would think that the rate should stay the same as what it was when you created your NC. If you do not add anyone then you would be paying 200%, or double the cruise fare.

Your OBC should have been adjusted to reflect the longer sailing. I would just call them and have them correct it.

Archived