Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

As I understand it she will only rise 2metres today which is about 1 deck. She will then be towed 30 metres away so they can tighten all the chains underneath that keep the sponsons tight. They couldnt get to these chains while she is still on the platform.

Then she will rise a deck at a time until she is only 18 metres under water.

Am I right.

Hope everyone is enjoying this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/10965351/Costa-Concordia-Watch-live-as-the-operation-to-salvage-the-stricken-cruise-liner-continues.html

Another Live Feed.

Twitter is lighting up, too, but I wonder if I am the only one in the US who is watching judging by all the tweets from Europe. ;)

Present company excepted.

Edited by MorganMars

According to the progress chart they attached new towing points earlier this week.

Blizzard which is one of the big tugs going to move her is still docked at Piombino which is some way from the site.

As much as we love the tug Voe Earl , I do wish she would clear off so we can see whats happening.

All the audio I can hear is in Italian, wheres Nick Sloane when we need him to update us.

They have certainly levelled her which should mean that she is floating.

Interesting that right on top of the ship is what looks like a wooden structure.

I take this to be the command and control centre where occasionally you can see people come out.

Yes C&A thats the control centre, 3 portakabin style structures I believe.

I was about the post the same thing, she's definitely levelled out!

I took a screenshot an hour ago and there is definitely movement. Straightened up and a bit higher in the water. As they pump the water out it should rise quicker???

theparbucklingproject.com tweeting that "the Concordia has detached from the platform. Refloating".

I'm seeing on the Giglionews Porto Panoramica webcam that there is froth coming from the sterns of tugboats Garibaldo & Red Wolf, ie they are under propulsion but without moving forward. I'm therefore assuming that they are gently pulling on CC's port side with long cables to stop her drifting into shore now that she's afloat.

CC's now leaning the opposite way towards her starboard side/shore side.

Edited by CTH

theparbucklingproject.com tweeting that "the Concordia has detached from the platform. Refloating".

I'm seeing on the Giglionews Porto Panoramica webcam that there is froth coming from the sterns of tugboats Garibaldo & Red Wolf, ie they are under propulsion but without moving forward. I'm therefore assuming that they are gently pulling on CC's port side with long cables to stop her drifting into shore now that she's afloat.

CC's now leaning the opposite way towards her starboard side/shore side.

You can clearly see movement with the waves that it is afloat.

Quicker than I thought

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/10965351/Costa-Concordia-Watch-live-as-the-operation-to-salvage-the-stricken-cruise-liner-continues.html

Another Live Feed.

Twitter is lighting up, too, but I wonder if I am the only one in the US who is watching judging by all the tweets from Europe. ;)

Present company excepted.

I've been up watching for a bit now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm finding this to be the best picture, lots of zooming in & a sharp focus!

CC's bow appears to have moved across towards the sea.

Glad to see that a lot of the media are still remembering Russel Rebello, the Indian waiter who is the only victim still missing, I so hope they still manage to recover him.

Thanks C&A. Yes sorry i meant more on the Gigio live streem she didn't look much different (close up) but all the other webcams and feeds from a distance show that she has moved a lot as you say.

Thats pretty much it for the next few days isn't it? I mean as far as things to see while they tie her down and reposition the sponsons.

Edited by telken22

The giglio live feed is working for me, but it looks like the ship hasn't moved when you compare the webcam images which show it to have moved considerably (especially the bow)

Today's http://www.kielmonitor.de/kino.php?cam=concordia speeded up version is now catching up (it's always a little behind in time).

It shows CC's bow swing across to port at about 1min 35 secs and then another shift at 1min 40secs