Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

[quote name='clive and anne']What about this one then Micki

[url]http://www.fleetmon.com/en/vessels/Commandant_Fourcault_2150[/url]

she arrived the day of the refloat so it slipped below the radar.

Hope this technology works.[/QUOTE]

Clive, same big pix came up.
If you go down the page a bit there are 4 smaller pictures. Second one from the left looks like what I saw. It has the small helicopter on it.

In your other link there is another pix with the helicopter too. Edited by SomeBeach

Cheers Micki.

We leave home around 4am on Friday.

Just hope this thread is still going when I get back.

I will, of course, be looking in while I'm away.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

We'll do our best to keep things updated so when/if you check in you'll know what is going on.

I'm pretty sure we'll still be going when you return.

Something is going on with Concordia.

At about 2:30 (Italy time) there was a couple of large flashes of red that came out the side. Then there was a lot of smoke and red embers falling out. If you look at the front sponsons, next to them there are 6 white pole looking objects. Whatever took place was above the 2 on the left.

At about 2:30 (Italy time) there was a couple of large flashes of red that came out the side. Then there was a lot of smoke and red embers falling out. If you look at the front sponsons, next to them there are 6 white pole looking objects. Whatever took place was above the 2 on the left.

Looks like some welding going on. Don't know if it is re-enforcing some stuff or was part of the plan

Looks like some welding going on. Don't know if it is re-enforcing some stuff or was part of the plan

Welding crossed my mind too but there sure was a lot of red followed by a lot of smoke when it started.

Surprised that so far only a small boat has just come out to check.

Edited by SomeBeach

I thought I saw something that was red and flashing. But was not sure of what it was.

Well if it was a distress flare from the ship its a bit late :p

The Giglio live feed seems to have stopped working for me, but the republica one still is working. Any confirmation if the lifting starts today? There is nothing on TPP.

Edited by telken22

If you look at today's http://www.kielmonitor.de/kino.php?cam=concordia there is some flashing light during hours of darkness in the area you mentioned, looks like welding work?

They appear to be continuing with threading the chains between the 2 platform cranes on either side of CC's stern this morning.

The crews of the 4 tugboats constantly pulling against CC's port side must have some serious amounts of patience! Some of them have been there for 4 days now, constantly chugging away day and night, but without going anywhere!.... They obviously don't trust the idea of using anchors and chains at the moment.

Well if it was a distress flare from the ship its a bit late :p

The Giglio live feed seems to have stopped working for me, but the republica one still is working. Any confirmation if the lifting starts today? There is nothing on TPP.

I guess Mr. S decided it was time for the flare gun….:rolleyes:

No worries.

Some more video of the (dry) interior.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2014/07/17/new-video-of-costa-concordia-interior.html

Looking at the Panoramic Video I can only see S4 sticking out of the water now, so believe this is the last sponson to adjust and once that's done the lifting will begin!

EDIT: S14 looks to be sticking out more than S15 too, so maybe 2 left.

Edited by telken22
Addition

No worries.

Some more video of the (dry) interior.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2014/07/17/new-video-of-costa-concordia-interior.html

Looking at the Panoramic Video I can only see S4 sticking out of the water now, so believe this is the last sponson to adjust and once that's done the lifting will begin!

EDIT: S14 looks to be sticking out more than S15 too, so maybe 2 left.

Thank you for sharing.It will be interesting to see her bow come up.

I have been looking at that as well Sid, its been there some time. Perhaps its a question for our on the spot reporter from Cruise Critic?

I am surprised at the amount of movement from bow to stern. I am using Giglio news camera and the radar globe is sometimes behind the you reporter logo and some times well away from it.

Clive ... could it be that they are pumping water and the movement you mention is due to more being removed from one area than another due to obstructions such as cabin doors etc. Purely a guess on my part.

From TPP today:

Despite the strong winds have caused an interruption of operations during the night, divers are working to connect the last chains and cables. At the moment, there are still 2 chains and 4 cables to be connected to 3 of the starboard sponsons (S4, S5, S18). The chain related to starboard sponson S12 has reached its final position and, in the next few hours, the connection will be completed.

Time posted was not indicated.

From TPP yesterday:

Costa Crociere informs that the photographs and videos reported yesterday and today by the media, and related to the inside of the Concordia, are not official material and have not been released by Costa Crociere and the Titan Micoperi consortium.

Would be in reference to Tues and Wed.