what is the deal if i cancel an excursion i booked online?

Yes, as long as it is at least 24 hours before you will get a credit to your on board account. If it is within the 24 hour window you will not gety anything back in most cases. If it is cancelled by the cruiseline because of weather or not enough people then you will get it as a credit as well.

thinking of booking something online to reserve it. i know you have to pay up front...but what happens if we decide to cancel once we are on board?

You can cancel the excursion once you are on board for a full refund up to 24 hours before arrival in the port that the excursion is booked for.

You can also cancel online up to so many days before the cruise starts.

As long as you cancel before the deadline (usually 24-48 hours), you should get the refund credited to your onboard account. If you're inside the window, you can usually swap excursions, but you would pay the difference if the new one is more expensive, and they'd credit the difference if the new one's cheaper than the one you originally booked.

I cancelled a snorkel tour online a month or so before I sailed. I got an email stating it was cancelled and they credited my original payment( credit card). Most can be cancelled as long as its not within 24 hours, but it's good to check. You can check by making a fake booking and it will tell you before you buy (cancel before they ask you to pay) or look on your confirmation, it may say there what the policy is. Ive never seen a tour with a different cancellation policy, but you never know!

Archived