rain in the forecast!

sunflwr19

On our last cruise, the weather channel painted a bleak picture. I beleive it rained one day for 10 minutes on entire cruise.

I don't listen or trust weatherchannel, weatherman, etc. I get up and look out the window. :D

Have a great cruise.....

On our last cruise, the weather channel painted a bleak picture. I beleive it rained one day for 10 minutes on entire cruise.

I don't listen or trust weatherchannel, weatherman, etc. I get up and look out the window. :D

Have a great cruise.....

The same with us last May on our cruise!

Laura

I'd be worried. In fact, just give up and send the tickets to me, now.

#1 - the weather channel's forecast, out past 3 days is usually less than 50% accurate.

# 2- a few showers in St. Thomas, USVI, while on a cruise, has got to be better than either;

a-Work

OR

b-being at home

Think about the cruise and all the people you know that will be envious! Have a great cruise and... ENJOY!

ps. Let us know how the weather was...

I know what you must be going through, I'm a worrywart myself. BUT, if I were you, I'd grab some of those cheap-o disposable rain ponchos, strap on your waterproof sandals and hit the pavement, rain or shine. have fun, those weather people are just the "snake oil salesman" of our time, I swear. even *I* could tell you on a given day we have a 50/50 chance of rain, LOL.:)

We cruised in January and it rained every day but one. But when it's 80 degrees, who cares. You dry out in a couple minutes and the clouds kept the temperature down a bit and reduced sunburn. If you're from an area with a cooler climate, this can be a treat you never get to experience. I wouldn't worry about it, and as The Islander said, the showers are usually brief and can be very refreshing. I didn't even try to get under cover.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad somebody posted about this. Ive been checking weather.com every day to look for an improvement on the bleak forecast they have posted every day. So its good to hear they may have some rain during the day and it will clear up (especially since I read may is a rainy month out there.) I remember in florida it would rain every day in the late afternoon really hard for about 1/2 then stop. Does anyone who's been to the caribbean before know what time the daily rain takes place?

Thanks for the link, Islander. I went to the "Severe Weather Potential" screen, and among the options for different types of severe weather are "Heavy Snow" and "Ice Build Up". Thankfully, the chance of either is shown as "minimal". One less thing to worry about for those of you cruising to St. Thomas.

We're heading to St. John for a 9-day land vacation in four weeks!!

I was the OP that was sooo worried about the forecast. Well, we were there last week and there wasn't much to worry about. It did rain, but not much. We took a tour with Godfrey and it rained about 10 minutes and then rained in the afternoon for a little while. It didn't ruin our plans at all. So I was very pleased.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I too will be there next week - but i am not worried.

The last few times we were in St. Thomas it rained in the morning but was sunny in the afternoon. The only place that rain really sucks is in cozumel because the streets have very poor drainage and they have small sidewalks.

Archived