Dubrovnik walls and Lokrum??? same day

Can this be done from 700 to 700 in port?

Of course, if you walk the entire wall it will only take about 2 hours, only the sea side one hour depending how fast you travel and how often you stop for photos. Also depends on when you will be here, August might take a bit longer due to the crowds.

Now I certainly can spend an entire day on Lokrum, a good place to escape the long hot summer days. Guests normally wander around, check out a few places and return to the old port, ferry ride is only 15 minutes.

Again most important question I have is when will you be in Dubrovnik?

Carnival Breeze

At this time the port authority only shows your ship arriving in our Gruz Harbor. You should be able to both without any problems. However that being said, I doubt highly that all arriving ships have been posted to the website. I expect additions will be made increasing the daily arrivals, we have been told an average summer day we will have a minimum of 7,000 to 10,000 cruisers in town. Check the Dubrovnik port authority website prior to your arrival for a total head count.

Photo below shows the old town and Lokrum. Enjoy your time here.

• 1 month later...

Maybe this would be a better option than Cavtat for us. When we are in Dubrovnik there are 10,000 people scheduled to be in port (7-OCT-12). 5000 will be leaving by 2:30. So I'm thinking of going somewhere in the morning and returning to Dubrovnik in the afternoon to walk the wall.

Lokrum appears to offer walking trails. Can anyone tell me about them or the botanical gardens?

Thanks!

Maybe this would be a better option than Cavtat for us. When we are in Dubrovnik there are 10,000 people scheduled to be in port (7-OCT-12). 5000 will be leaving by 2:30. So I'm thinking of going somewhere in the morning and returning to Dubrovnik in the afternoon to walk the wall.

Lokrum appears to offer walking trails. Can anyone tell me about them or the botanical gardens?

Thanks!

We have been to Lokrum twice. There are some nice trails that go around the island and one that goes up to the fort. There wasn't much to the botanical gardens when we were there a few years ago. Here is a link to my pictures of Lokrum and Dobrovnik.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1e98e90214e77bf9#cid=1E98E90214E77BF9&id=1E98E90214E77BF9%21850

Wow, what beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them!

If you visited by ship could you tell me if you docked or were at anchor on your visit? We will be tendering into Old Town and I'm wondering where we can get a boat over to Lokrum. Is it near where ships berth or closer to where tenders let passengers off? Any information you can provided will be greatly appreciated!:)

Thanks,

Carol

Wow, what beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them!

If you visited by ship could you tell me if you docked or were at anchor on your visit? We will be tendering into Old Town and I'm wondering where we can get a boat over to Lokrum. Is it near where ships berth or closer to where tenders let passengers off? Any information you can provided will be greatly appreciated!:)

Thanks,

Carol

I believe the tender will let you off right near the ferry to Lokrum in the old town harbor. You will need to walk off the pier where there should be someone selling tickets for the ferry. Since you will be there in Oct. the ferry will run only once per hour.

I believe the tender will let you off right near the ferry to Lokrum in the old town harbor. You will need to walk off the pier where there should be someone selling tickets for the ferry. Since you will be there in Oct. the ferry will run only once per hour.

Thank you for your help!

Carol

Archived