Latest info I've found on parking at pier

Cotton

Is it feasible to drop off the family and luggage at the terminal before parking, drive to the lot, park the car, and then take the shuttle back to the terminal. This sounds easier than loading and unloading your luggage onto a shuttle.

I dropped the family and luggage off at the terminal then drove to Fulton Place Garage to park. This was last summer (June-04). When heading north on Port Orleans Place to the terminal, it was best to stay in the left lane; the right-hand lane was backed up from cars pulling into the parking (which may not be available now) and the left-hand lane was open all the way to the terminal. There are multiple lanes for load and off-load at the terminal.

After posting the reply above, I reviewed Carnival's information at http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Cruise_Ship_Terminals__Parking__Directions_PORT_OF_NEW_ORLEANS.aspx

According to this, "Due to construction, there is no accommodation for curbside drop-off."

Is "Tchoupitoulas Street Parking" mentioned at http://www.portno.com/cruise_parking.htm the same as "Convention Center Lot" mentioned at Carnival's site?

Any updates from recent cruisers.....

I received the following message from Robert Jumonville on the NO port web site. "The Conquest uses the lot at the corner of Tchoupitoulas and Melpomene street. There will be complimentary shuttles to the terminal. Follow the directions on our website to the terminal and when you exit the freeway at the bottom of the downramp turn right onto Annunciation St. go two blocks and turn left on Melpomene st. The parking lot is on the left. They will check your bags in the parking lot and put you on the shuttle. Cost is $12.00 per day. My DH & I will be on the Conquest May 15th. BON VOYAGE.

• 2 weeks later...

Machu Picchu parking is 12 dollars a day like the official lot.......so $84 for a 7 day cruise and $60 for the Sensation five day cruise. It is covered unlike the official lot and there are restroom facilities. They also transfer you staight away instead of shuttle. www.machupicchutours.com They also do transportation.

:D

I am sailing on the Sensation on May 26th and I also sent an e-mail to Robert Jumonville, Port of NO. He said the Sensation uses a couple of lots and to proceed to the cruise terminal, and the Harbor Police will direct you to the garage that is open. If the Poydras St. lot is still open (it fills first), you will be directed to the cruise terminal to drop off your luggage and passengers, (this seems to be a contradiction to Carnivals website information) then you will be directed to the lot apprx 300 yards down the roadway. If you are directed to the Fulton St. Lot, they will turn you up Convention Center Blvd. to park at Fulton St., where your luggage will be checked and you will be loaded on complimentary shuttle buses to the terminal.

I hope to get there early enough to drop off the bags and park in the Poydras St. lot. Wish me luck!!!

Is all of the parking for the Conquest in parking garages, or covered? My dads truck is too tall to park in a garage, will there be places for those to park? The ones that will not fit in the low clearance garages?

Ok.....question....how long is this construction going on?? We are traveling in August and staying at Embessy suites on Julia Street

Can we walk 4 blocks to port??? Is it better to go to Fultonor Convention Garage and catch shuttle?? How far are they??

Thanks

I emailed the man at The Port of New Orleans, he said the parking on Tchoupitoulas Street is uncovered, and can accommodate over-sized vehilces as well as cars. He also said there were Sea-Caps to take your luggage at that point, and there would be transportation to the cruiseship pier for boarding.

All should be well. I think you do have to pay cash for the parking. $84 and then at least $1 per bag to the Sea-Caps.

Conquest cruisers can only park in the Fulton Street lot if you have a vocvher from a hotel - not sure how many different hotel use this lot. Our hotel rate includes 7 nights parking, which is at the Fulton Street garage. This location is covered - so it won't help those who have oversized vehicles. But if you want covered parking you should look at a hotel that includes the Fulton Street parking. We are staying at the HI on Convention Center Blvd right next door.

Sure hope we never are both driving around taking pictures at the same time... :eek:

Archived