Valor Verandah deck forward room...motion?

kellyrnh

Just got our room assignment - 8215 interior on the Verandah deck which is forward on the Valor. Any opinions on this room/area? It is really close to the front of the ship... not a problem for me with motion, my boyfriend (never cruised before) is who I'm worried about. He has gotten sea sick before (on small fishing boats) so don't know if this will be a problem or not. Love to hear what you have to say, thanks!

Just got our room assignment - 8215 interior on the Verandah deck which is forward on the Valor. Any opinions on this room/area? It is really close to the front of the ship... not a problem for me with motion, my boyfriend (never cruised before) is who I'm worried about. He has gotten sea sick before (on small fishing boats) so don't know if this will be a problem or not. Love to hear what you have to say, thanks!

Don't about the Valor but I"ve cruised Lido (very) forward on the Triumph and we felt no motion from our interior room. I'd still take along some kind of motion sickness preventative just in case.

Thanks, I don't think we have an option to change rooms, as we did a guarantee booking. We are doing interior so wasn't too picky on rooms. But 8215 is about 4 rooms away from the front of the ship so it gets me a little nervous on having a sick guy on my hands. :( Will definitely be packing motion sickness meds but hoping it isn't too bad.

We were on Verandah Deck last May (and will be again on Sunday!) on the Splendor, which is very similar in size and layout to the Valor. Although we were more midship than forward, we were in a balcony which tends to see more movement than inside cabins. My partner, who is very motion sensitive, took his motion sickness pill before we left port the first day, as he usually does, and wasn't bothered one bit. Not everybody is the same but my guess would be he'll probably be fine as long as you have something to give him to desensitize the motion sickness. Have a great trip!

Archived