seattle hotel near port

azseas

As indicated in numerous other threads, Princess leaves from the Smith Cove (Terminal 91) complex, a couple of miles north of downtown Seattle. There are no hotels close to the T91 cruise terminal. It will be a $10 - $15 cab ride from any hotel in central Seattle, maybe a buck or two cheaper from hotels near Seattle Center (Space Needle etc.)

I am sorry -- I looked in various threads and did not find the answer I was looking for. What I really want to know has still not been answered -- I am sure there are high rise hotels that have a VIEW of the port -- even if not really close to it. Only reference I saw was to the Marriott Waterfront. I have read the various threads and that question has not been really addressed. If it has -- accept my sincere deepest apologies. Thank you!

I am sorry -- I looked in various threads and did not find the answer I was looking for. What I really want to know has still not been answered -- I am sure there are high rise hotels that have a VIEW of the port -- even if not really close to it. Only reference I saw was to the Marriott Waterfront. I have read the various threads and that question has not been really addressed. If it has -- accept my sincere deepest apologies. Thank you!

You could rent an apartment on Queen Anne that might have a view of your pier, but that's about it--as Gardyloo said, there really are NO hotels (highrise, lowrise, any-kind-of-rise) anywhere with a view of this cruise terminal. It's significantly removed from the downtown and the Seattle Center areas, where the hotels are--everything around it is either residential or industrial.

Now, if you want a hotel with a view of Elliott Bay, including the Pier 66 cruise terminal, that's different--there are plenty of those. The Marriott Waterfront is right across the street from Pier 66, and the Edgewater is right next to it (it's actually built out over the water). Several hotels up the hill in the heart of downtown have rooms that look out toward Elliott Bay. But if you want to be able to see YOUR cruise terminal, that just isn't an option.

In Seattle, the "port" is strung out all along the Elliott Bay waterfront - from Smith Cove at the north end all the way to Harbor Island at the south end, and then around and onto the facing shore of West Seattle. Look at the cool scrolling map at the top of this web page. Terminal 91 is at the far, far left of the scroll; the Edgewater and Marriott Waterfront are basically behind the white cruise ship moored at T66. http://www.portseattle.org/Pages/default.aspx

My pick of the hotel with the best view (also the best hotel) would be the Four Seasons, located a block from the Pike Place Market and with a tremendous view of the bay and the Olympic Mountains. http://www.fourseasons.com/seattle/ It's directly in front of the widest shiny highrise in the center of this picture:

20091226_71c2.JPG.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived