Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruiseport, Fort Lauderdale Hotel

tylorsdad

Traveling with my wife and 4 year old in a few weeks and I am curious if anyone has stayed at the Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruiseport in FLL recently? We are arriving 3 days prior to our cruise (with rental car) and planning to stay here but I am seeing mixed reviews. We are not looking for a fancy hotel but I would like to know that we are safe and comfortable for a few days. Any recent info would be great. Thank you in advance.

Traveling with my wife and 4 year old in a few weeks and I am curious if anyone has stayed at the Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruiseport in FLL recently? We are arriving 3 days prior to our cruise (with rental car) and planning to stay here but I am seeing mixed reviews. We are not looking for a fancy hotel but I would like to know that we are safe and comfortable for a few days. Any recent info would be great. Thank you in advance.

We were in Florida in Nov 2011. All the comments about the place were very unfavorable.

ie: Poor Breakfast , smelled etc.

Using Priceline or Hotels.com you can get better hotels for the same price.

We stayed there in 2009, so this information may not even be relevant anymore, but I remember thinking that I was glad we'd used points and weren't spending $ on the room. I wouldn't say I'd never go back, but I wouldn't pay to stay there.

If you're talking about the Rodeway Inn Miami Airport, that is the absolute worst hotel that I have ever been in, horrible, unsafe, rude staff, the promised shuttles take hours to get to, the promised breakfast is toast and 4 oz. of juice. I wouldn't suggest that place to someone I didn't like. Take a look at the Trip Advisor reviews, I actually included pictures with my review: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34438-d1195891-r24396900-Rodeway_Inn_Miami_Airport-Miami_Florida.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT, hope that works. Even if it isn't the Miami Airport Rodeway Inn, I wouldn't stay at another one if they gave away the rooms for free.

We stayed at the one near Port Everglades before our first cruise. We didn't go back there last time we cruised from FLL. There are better hotels to stay at. Nothing in the area. We walked to the Ramada across the street for dinner. Even though I like cheap hotels for a 1 night stay, I won't go back there again.

Beth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived