question with early saver rate

spongiebob

hey guys

if we booked early saver, now found a lower rate (senior rate) if i apply for this price drop, would i still be able to apply for other price drops in the future or is my rate from now on locked to the senior rate only and would i lose my early saver ? thanks!

We moved our son to another cabin with my MIL. Because we did that after ES no longer offered, he was hit with the current rate which was $899 instead of $749. Looks like now, same rate is $878. It is less than the upcharged rate but more than the ES rate. Can he file for the ES price protection?

HUH? :confused:

I'd like clarification, please.

Sometimes when Senior Rates are advertised, you must accept it as a "Guaranteed" cabin in the same category to get the lower rate.

i.e. We are booked 4K (Interior with French Doors on Deck 4) @ 549pp with ES rate. Senior rate comes along, and while cheaper, we have to give up our assigned cabin. Because it is an Inside cabin, we could be put anywhere on the ship in an inside cabin (no french doors, no natural light etc).

So, try a mock booking on carnival for the same type of cabin category that you currently have, and choose Senior Rate...see if it offers you a cabin to choose from, or if it tells you that your cabin will be assigned.

Sometimes when Senior Rates are advertised, you must accept it as a "Guaranteed" cabin in the same category to get the lower rate.

i.e. We are booked 4K (Interior with French Doors on Deck 4) @ 549pp with ES rate. Senior rate comes along, and while cheaper, we have to give up our assigned cabin. Because it is an Inside cabin, we could be put anywhere on the ship in an inside cabin (no french doors, no natural light etc).

So, try a mock booking on carnival for the same type of cabin category that you currently have, and choose Senior Rate...see if it offers you a cabin to choose from, or if it tells you that your cabin will be assigned.

I guess I've never seen that before. I'm going on the Magic in April (booked ES) and have snagged two Senior price drops for a cove balcony. But I guess because that category is available AND it is the lowest priced cabin in that category AND it is cheaper than what we paid, I didn't have to go further into the "picking a cabin" part.

Thanks for that explanation. ;)

We cruise in 30 days...

Booked early saver, cove balcony. Saw Balcony listed $100.00 cheaper under a "Pack and go rate". Didn't cover "cove balcony", but was a "Guaranteed Balcony". Took a chance, received over $100.00 on board credit, and a Balcony, mid ship, Veranda!

Early saver is the way to go, if your vigilant about checking for price drops.

Cristy

Archived