Current Aer Lingus Carry On Rules

karelet

We are flying out of Barcelona to JFK in early May and I am wondering if anyone knows how strict Aer Lingus currently is on their carry on requirements (22X16X8) and 22 Lbs. Most Carry ons are at least 10" deep these days. Also, can you pull a 22" carry on and also have a small backpack or duffel instead of a "purse"? All I could find was 2008-10 stuff that said they were pretty strict out of Barcelona, so you should have a friend hold your carry on while you checked in. Then, if it got through security, you would be fine unless the plane was really full?

Oh, and are drinks and food still provided on international flights?

I fly Aer Lingus from New York to Ireland about twice a year. They are strict on the weight of the carry on. If the length is an inch or two over I dont think it would matter as long as its on or under the weight requirements . I always carry a larger bag also instead of a purse in order to carry more on. Meals are supplied and soda but you have to purchase alcholic drinks. Hope this helps.....

Our first AerLingus flight is in June. The rules saying, "under" are what prompted us to make sure we were within the guidelines. I don't want to have to pay to have it checked, should they have someone super strict watching me board. We are using the following guidelines from AerLingus:

1 checked bag UNDER 50 lbs. 1 carry-on, UNDER 22 lbs, no larger than 22 inches x 16 in x 8 inches;and 1 personal item (i.e. purse, laptop bag). Loads of reviews we read talked about one day they didn't enforce it as strictly as the next. My luck, I would be boarding on a day when they had a tape measure and a scale. There are 5 of us so we would be pretty noticeable, each with our carry-on and personal item.

I fly Aer Lingus from New York to Ireland about twice a year. They are strict on the weight of the carry on. If the length is an inch or two over I dont think it would matter as long as its on or under the weight requirements . I always carry a larger bag also instead of a purse in order to carry more on. Meals are supplied and soda but you have to purchase alcholic drinks. Hope this helps.....

Is your "larger bag" in addition to your carry on, and do they weigh both bags?

Archived