As Promised! Indy Cruise Compasses!!

Cruise_Kitten

Thank you so much for posting these! I'm packing today and the Compasses were really helpful. Had I not read through these I'd never have known there's a Black & White night or an Ugly Tropical Shirt theme night at the Schooner Bar! Got to rearrange my wardrobe a little...;)

Thank you so much for posting these! I'm packing today and the Compasses were really helpful. Had I not read through these I'd never have known there's a Black & White night or an Ugly Tropical Shirt theme night at the Schooner Bar! Got to rearrange my wardrobe a little...;)

This is why I had posted these. Marley-Bop was kind enough to post them to me so I could read through them as were will be on Indy for 13 night!! So need to get the packing right!

The Black and White nights are becoming popular on all the cruises....I know for Liberty this year they have one. But I wanted to make sure it was the same on Indy. I know this is the last year that she maybe sailing the Canaries route :(:( but I thought it may help the last few people :D

CK x

Hi all and well done CK on posting these on here, I wouldnt of had a clue how to do it :o

Reading through them brings back so many memories of a great cruise and the reason why we booked our Indy TA in November.

Im so jealous of all of you that are going soon - Hope you have a brilliant time, Im sure you will :D :D

Angie X

Thanks for those, do they only have one theatre show a night then? If so it must be packed

There are 2 shows a day, first one is at 7pm for those who are on the 0830pm dinner seating and then the second show is at 9pm for those on the 0630pm sitting. It spreads it out a bit more. Even though the theatre is big it's not big enough to take everyone :)

CK x

I've searched high and low in various posts, as we're off on the Indy on the 6th of March. The question is about tea/coffee?? Are there kettles in the room. Do you get milk/sugar, is it free anywhere else at any time. Can you therefore take some Coffee and Tea for the room to make a cuppa?

Hope someone can tell me, and I can keep my other half happy then! :-)

Actually, something else, as there are going to be six of us, and this is our second and their first. It was 7 years ago for us, but as we haven't pre paid gratuities because we'd like to give cash to people who have done a great job....can you just tell them when settling your bill that you are doing this, and therefore there are no charges added when you settle?

Thanks

I've searched high and low in various posts, as we're off on the Indy on the 6th of March. The question is about tea/coffee?? Are there kettles in the room. Do you get milk/sugar, is it free anywhere else at any time. Can you therefore take some Coffee and Tea for the room to make a cuppa?

Hope someone can tell me, and I can keep my other half happy then! :-)

Actually, something else, as there are going to be six of us, and this is our second and their first. It was 7 years ago for us, but as we haven't pre paid gratuities because we'd like to give cash to people who have done a great job....can you just tell them when settling your bill that you are doing this, and therefore there are no charges added when you settle?

Thanks

Hi Toprobroy

Yes there is a kettle, tea and coffee, milk & sugar in the cabins and they supply cardboard cups which are quite sturdy but can feel quite hot! We always take our own teabags onboard and a couple of the aluminium thermal mugs which are lightweight to go in the case and holds a much bigger cup of tea :)

From memory english teabags and coffee were on the tray but if you find that you need more milk (as they come in the tubes), grab a carton of milk at breakfast time from the buffet and keep it in your mini bar to keep it fresh.

I think I saw a coffee/tea station near the pool area, definitley in the buffet and the promenade cafe is open all hours so you can stock up on tea/coffee etc.

Im pretty sure you can go to guest services onboard early on in your cruise (dont leave it till you go and settle your account) and ask them to deliver the envelopes to your cabin but tell them you will be doing your own tips so not to charge them to your onboard account.

Hope you and your friends have a great cruise :D

Angie

I'm always afraid to open the minibar in hotels just to use the fridge as they know they have been opened and I don't want to be charged in error for something. We opened the minibar once and there was a list inside but the list didn't correspond to the contents so we told them and they were Ok but other places might not be. Is it the same on board ship? I have also heard about RCI that you have to be careful and check you have pool towels in the room otherwise you get the charges added to your on board account.

I'm always afraid to open the minibar in hotels just to use the fridge as they know they have been opened and I don't want to be charged in error for something. We opened the minibar once and there was a list inside but the list didn't correspond to the contents so we told them and they were Ok but other places might not be. Is it the same on board ship? I have also heard about RCI that you have to be careful and check you have pool towels in the room otherwise you get the charges added to your on board account.

You can ask for the mini bar to be emptied if you wish. They won't charge you for it or anything if it's not been take.

As with the pool towels you check them out at the desk on the pool deck using your sea pass card, you must return them to the desk by the last full day of your cruise or you will be charged for them, I think it's $20 per towel.

Hope this helps

CK x

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.398525,-0.627111

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info on the drinks. I think we'll just take a couple of mugs from home. Stuffing them with socks, it takes up no space. Tea/Coffee always tastes better than out of cardboard/aluminium or plastic! :-)

Good tips on the Minibar and Towels as well. Think we'll ask for the bar to be emptied as well.

Thanks guys!:D

Sorry if this is a daft question. Looking through the compasses I noticed that some activities are held in what is called "On Air". Does this mean it is recorded or is it just the name of the room?

Thanks

Archived