Neptune lounge -Noordam

drcandon

Hi Folks..for those on the Noordam in the last few months - totally frivolous question(s)...do they still have a juice selection available in the Neptune lounge ( I remember they had 2 or 3 decanters)..one used to have various fruit juices all day long? And second who is(are) the concierge(s) presently? We will be on board in the next month or so and are just curious...tnxs

At breakfast, there is usually orange juice and cranberry and maybe one other. (I don't drink juice.) They usually have the cranberry and ice tea/ice water available all day.

Concierges rotate from Front Office and often it's only for a month or two. It's hard to know how long anyone of them will be there. They can easily be going back to Front Office or home for their vacation.

Franz was our concierge twice on Maasdam and then we didn't see him again. Happy to know he's on the beautiful Noordam. :)

He is one of the best concierges we ever were lucky to have.... assuming it is the same tall, slim, handsome Franz?

At breakfast, there is usually orange juice and cranberry and maybe one other. (I don't drink juice.) They usually have the cranberry and ice tea/ice water available all day.

Concierges rotate from Front Office and often it's only for a month or two. It's hard to know how long anyone of them will be there. They can easily be going back to Front Office or home for their vacation.

Interesting Sail - I didn't realize that the concierges were rotated from the Front Office. For some reason, I thought these people were special. I know that one person from the Front Office replaced our concierge when she was off on the P'dam and he was excellent. Both he and our regular concierge seemed heads and shoulder above the front desk staff. I didn't realize that they rotated.

All ships, all Neptune Lounges, all concierges rotate from Front Office. They stay in Neptune for varying lengths of time. They then either return to Front Office or go home.... they might go to another ship.

There are always two who work Neptune. The 'primary concierge' and the one who fills in when they have their break or have to be away from Neptune during hours for whatever reason.

All ships, all Neptune Lounges, all concierges rotate from Front Office. They stay in Neptune for varying lengths of time. They then either return to Front Office or go home.... they might go to another ship.

There are always two who work Neptune. The 'primary concierge' and the one who fills in when they have their break or have to be away from Neptune during hours for whatever reason.

thanks - I didn't know this

We've been in those Neptune eligible cabins since Rotterdam first joined the fleet. We sailed Rotterdam her first New Years Eve and that is the first ship to have a Neptune Lounge. After all those cruises, one picks up all sorts of information. :)

Originally, only Amsterdam and Rotterdam had a Neptune Lounge built into the ship at the boatyard. We used to miss it when we would go to all the other ships.

then they decided to add Neptune to all ships and, we think, that is one of the best things they did with the original SOE.... that and Pinnacle Grill. :)

Archived