Another Seattle Flight out question

DragonMouse

I'm satisfied with my flight out time I'm good. BUT a friend is flying out of Seattle after the cruise with an 11:30 flight...I told her she theoretically "SHOULD" be fine but I felt it was a little tight and I'm recommending she change to 12:30 to give herself a little more "leeway".

Opinions? Am I over concerned?

I'm satisfied with my flight out time I'm good. BUT a friend is flying out of Seattle after the cruise with an 11:30 flight...I told her she theoretically "SHOULD" be fine but I felt it was a little tight and I'm recommending she change to 12:30 to give herself a little more "leeway".

Opinions? Am I over concerned?

Not overly concerned, in my opinion. For an 11:30 flight, she should be there by 10:00. That being said, the airport is a 30-45 minute ride from the cruise port, which means she needs to be in a cab/shuttly by 9:15 at the latest. Assuming a perfect world, she may be off the ship by then, if she does self-assist. However, all it takes is one foreign national to not report to Immigration to clear and the whole ship gets held up.

I would not risk it. We are sailing out of Seattle in May and I have booked my return flight for 2:00 PM. This will give me time to enjoy a leisurely lunch at the airport before my long cross-country flight.

When we sailed into Seattle our's was a red eye flight so we really didn't have to worry about making our flight but we did have to deal with what to do with our luggage all day.

Look into luggage express..."Rather than check in at the airport for the return flights, eligible guests may choose to participate for just a nominal fee of $20 per person. Guests will receive both their airline boarding passes and their luggage tags while they are enjoying their vacation at sea. Better yet, they will only need to place their checked luggage outside of their stateroom and will not touch it again until they claim it at their final destination"

This will save her some time by not having to wait for her luggage AND she can go straight to the gate.

We did this and it saved us from having to lug our luggage around Seattle or finding a place to store it all day. We then took the Light Rail to the airport for a whopping $5. Saved us cab fare.

I think she will be fine. We had a 1:10pm flight time & some others from our roll call had a 12pm flight, we were all at the air port by 9am easy & all took different shuttles. We sat there forever it felt like!! We didn't do luggage express. But we got a zone 1 tag, idk if that was because of our flight time or because we were in a suite? I heard of several people changing zone tags, seems to be no problem. I would try for an 11am or 12pm flight. I felt like to Shuttle drivers really try to get you there as fast as they can no matter what time your flight is. They did ask us several times what time our flights were before we got in the van.

I haven't heard if she changed it or not yet...but it's good to know regardless what she does she'll be fine. The weird thing is that the 12:30 flight lands only 15 minutes later in our home town than the 11:30 flight so technically the 12:30 would be a "shorter" flight...but she'll be fine either way.

I never want to hurry to leave Seattle. Prior to our cruise we stayed at

H-wood Suites. After the cruise we took a taxi back there and they kept our luggage - no charge. After another full day in Seattle, we went back to the hotel, picked up luggage, and hailed a taxi to the airport for the red-eye. Every minute in that town is valueable to me.

Archived