tv's on Elation

ardt64

O.K. hopefully the last thing I need to figure out before we set sail (y'all are such a great resource).

We are going to set sail on Sat on the Elation. Did anyone notice if the tv's in the rooms have a hook up for a xbox? Please don't flame me about this, my 14 yo DS does not watch tv at home and has very limited xbox and computer but when we are on vacation we do loosen up of the rules. I have heard the tv's on this ship are old I am just wondering how ancient they are.

Thanks!

Lisa

I never understood why people get upset when people say they want to bring a DVD player or some sort of game system. This is a vacation...on vacation, you are supposed to do things that you don't normally get to do. Hopefully, you will be able to connect your son's Xbox to the television. Let me know if it works, I am thinking about bringing my daughter's Wii with us when we cruise on the Elation!

Take care!

--Cruzin' Daddy--

O.K. hopefully the last thing I need to figure out before we set sail (y'all are such a great resource).

We are going to set sail on Sat on the Elation. Did anyone notice if the tv's in the rooms have a hook up for a xbox? Please don't flame me about this, my 14 yo DS does not watch tv at home and has very limited xbox and computer but when we are on vacation we do loosen up of the rules. I have heard the tv's on this ship are old I am just wondering how ancient they are.

Thanks!

Lisa

Can't give your specifics on your vessel, however just off the Legend (1/22 - 1/29). Our 15 yr old grandson, who has minor CP brought one of his game systems as his movements on the ship were limited. We had two rooms, our room had an older TV and the set would not switch into "game" mode. His parents room had a newer flat screen and he was able to hook it up to that TV.

BTW, when we called to ask about the set in our room, we were told that they didn't want us hooking up outside power sources to their TV. Interestingly, our Steward assisted in hooking it up to the other TV.

I also agree with the comments about vacations. Everyone takes one for their own reasons and with their own expectations. Our grandson got out, he ate in the MDR with us every night, he went to an "all inclusive" in Cozumel and he actually went zip-lining in Roatan. However, while the ship was moving, he felt more comfortable staying in his room. We were fine with that, as should everyone else! :)

It would sure be hard to get to the control with the tv in that box to me.

Picture063.jpg

I have agree with you. I just returned from the Elation and it was the older tv in the box. I never looked but didn't see a way to get to the back of tv

I never understood why people get upset when people say they want to bring a DVD player or some sort of game system. This is a vacation...on vacation' date=' you are supposed to do things that you don't normally get to do. Hopefully, you will be able to connect your son's Xbox to the television. Let me know if it works, I am thinking about bringing my daughter's Wii with us when we cruise on the Elation!

Take care!

--Cruzin' Daddy--[/quote']

??? who is upset?? I only posted a picture. I am usually just conveying facts, and its people who read them who interpret them in a different way than meant.

I dont care, but that is a picture of my tv on Elation.

PS I brought my tablet with games and bough time in Cozumel to play .. unfortunately, one went haywire I planned the time for. It has a bug and cannot be left for days and you dont open the game. Whats the difference?

??? who is upset?? I only posted a picture. I am usually just conveying facts, and its people who read them who interpret them in a different way than meant.

PS I brought my tablet with games and bough time in Cozumel to play .. unfortunately, one went haywire I planned the time for. It has a bug and cannot be left for days and you dont open the game. Whats the difference?

I dont think he was talking to you. I think he was responding to the Op who asked not to get flamed. Around here all you have to do is say good morning and someone will want to know whats good about it! LOL

Firefly, thanks so much for the pic. From what I can tell it certainly does look like it will not hook up unless you can move the tv out some.

BTW: I don't think cruzin daddy was referring to you. Personally I took it as a comment on my post asking to not flame me for asking the question. I think he was just supporting me in asking the question. Once again thanks for the pic.

Lisa

Calm down, Firefly333! I wasn't talking about you getting upset. I was talking about previous threads on this same subject. Years ago, I posted about bringing a DVD player on my cruise, and I darn near needed the fire department. Reread my post, I never implied that you were upset. I do apologize if you took my post the wrong way. I certainly was not referring to you.

Oh yeah...

I want to say I was able to move the old fashioned television on the Triumph, but I was unable to use the A/V ports because they had been deactivated. Maybe I am making this all up, but I want to say I remember doing that...could have been at a hotel. The memory is ALWAYS the first thing to go! :)

We ended up not taking the x-box and no problem. Although there were not a ton of kids on the cruise there was a nice group of 10ish Circle C kids and the boys spent much of their time in the club. We did have that tv in the box but there was holes to hook up the gaming station right on the front. I am not sure if they were activated, but they were there.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Archived