Liberty of the Seas food ratings

I have read a lot of reviews about the food quality on Liberty of the Seas. Most of them are negative, some mediocre and less of them are just okay.

I am wondering why Liberty of the Seas has not cleaned up their act if this is indeed the case.

I've been on a couple of other RCCL ships and the food was always above what I have read for the ratings given to the Liberty.

I'm concerned because we are taking a first time cruising couple with us and I was hoping the experience would make them want to return.

I know cruising is a good value but it isn't a good value if the food is not so great so please don't respond with comments eluding to that. If RCCL wants to advertise that the reason it is a good value is because their food is below average, then that's a different story however their advertisements promote quality food.

Has anyone had a good experience?

Best,

Sunny

I have read a lot of reviews about the food quality on Liberty of the Seas. Most of them are negative, some mediocre and less of them are just okay.

I am wondering why Liberty of the Seas has not cleaned up their act if this is indeed the case.

I've been on a couple of other RCCL ships and the food was always above what I have read for the ratings given to the Liberty.

I'm concerned because we are taking a first time cruising couple with us and I was hoping the experience would make them want to return.

I know cruising is a good value but it isn't a good value if the food is not so great so please don't respond with comments eluding to that. If RCCL wants to advertise that the reason it is a good value is because their food is below average, then that's a different story however their advertisements promote quality food.

Has anyone had a good experience?

Best,

Sunny

It is way too hard to answer a thread like this because of how subjective food is. I have been on two Royal Caribbean cruises so far that had "inedible food" reviews and for the most part I enjoyed everything I tried. So yes, I would consider it a "good experience" at least to me.

Mass Market cruise line food is NOT 5 star dining and isnt advertised as such. I think some people have way too high of expectations going in and get disappointed. It IS "decent" banquet type food and plenty of it. I happen to think that most things served on a cruise ship are on par with or even better than most of your chain land based establishments.

Even the pickiest eaters in the world should not have trouble finding things they like nor will they starve to death. It is my personal opinion that those "the food is terrible" people couldnt be pleased no matter what. Those people maybe need to stick with luxury cruise lines.

All of this is of course, JMHO. If you have enjoyed the food on your other RCI cruises, you will likely enjoy it on the Liberty and so will your guests.

Regardless of what other people had previously rated their meals as, I've always gone on a cruise with an open mind and a positive attitude and never have had a bad meal.

This sums up my sentiments exactly. Much better than the short novel I just wrote LOL

It is way too hard to answer a thread like this because of how subjective food is. I have been on two Royal Caribbean cruises so far that had "inedible food" reviews and for the most part I enjoyed everything I tried. So yes, I would consider it a "good experience" at least to me.

Mass Market cruise line food is NOT 5 star dining and isnt advertised as such. I think some people have way too high of expectations going in and get disappointed. It IS "decent" banquet type food and plenty of it. I happen to think that most things served on a cruise ship are on par with or even better than most of your chain land based establishments.

Even the pickiest eaters in the world should not have trouble finding things they like nor will they starve to death. It is my personal opinion that those "the food is terrible" people couldnt be pleased no matter what. Those people maybe need to stick with luxury cruise lines.

All of this is of course, JMHO. If you have enjoyed the food on your other RCI cruises, you will likely enjoy it on the Liberty and so will your guests.

Ryano pretty much sums it up! We did a four night on the Liberty at the beginning of January. We found the food in the MDR to actually be quite good. The buffet areas are just that...nothing to rave about, but everyone in our party was certainly satisfied. The only places that fell short for us, oddly enough, were the specialty restaurants...and they were not bad by any means....we just didn't think they were that much better than the MDR to justify the upcharge. The waitors were all very good as well. I think you are needlessly worrying, you are really going to enjoy your time on the Liberty:)!

We cruised on Liberty twice last year and all thought the food was good both times , I think sometimes people's expectations are too high , when your looking at a kitchen that is catering for so many people it's obvious that you are not going to get a meal like you would in a high class restaurant that caters for a few people ,sometimes the food would come out not as hot as you would prefer but that's understandable when the waiter is serving several tables ,don't go thinking it's high class service , what it is is GOOD service and they will do their best to make sure your dining experience is enjoyable .if your not sure of what meal to choose order both , we ordered some meals just to try them and thoroughly enjoyed them all and there was no waste :)

Food is very subjective. We found Liberty of the Seas to be a great ship but were not amazed by the dining. It was our first cruise and as such we have nothing to compare it to.

The commenters who have said it is like banquet food are right. There are some dishes that are great (we actually found some of the lunch entrees in the MDR to be better than any dinner entree in the MDR) and most are at a TGI Friday's or Chilli's level of quality.

Dining on Liberty of the Seas is by no means a luxury dining experience. If you are looking for that, why not pay the extra money to eat in the specialty restaurants?

Have a great trip!

Dining on Liberty of the Seas is by no means a luxury dining experience. If you are looking for that, why not pay the extra money to eat in the specialty restaurants?

Have a great trip!

That is really not what I consider "luxury" dining either though :o It is very very good and the service and atmosphere is wonderful but it is in no way 5 star dining IMO.

There just isnt anyway to get that type of dining experience on a mass market cruiseline and thankfully they dont advertise that you can.

The ONLY way to get luxury dining is to go on a luxury cruise that has ships that only hold about 800 passengers or so. You will pay dearly for that experience though.

Archived