Upgraded room...really?

2Atlantamen

Hey cruise buddies...we just got upgraded because the price we paid dropped by $100 p/p. Could not get OBC or refund but offered an Aft View Extended Balcony room instead. Is anyone familiar with these on the Victory? We have been assigned cabin 8434. I have some questions. Has anyone stayed in this category? Can the Lido deck see down on our balcony? Is this a good or bad thing? Somehow, I feel like we might have been taken but don't know for sure as this is our first, and hopefully not last, aboard Carnival.

Everybody in the area can see into the aft balconys, and if it rains you won't be on the balcony. We did 2 cruises in a aft its real nice to watch out the rear of the ship, we had rain one sea day we could just stand outside our door. If you stay to the rear of the deck you can hide that way from somebody seeing you.

When we were on Victory my husband moved a chair on our aft wrap balcony near the railing. He then went to the Lido to look down. Couldn't see the chair. Nor did we see anything but the balcony rail of the balconies we could see.

We were the deck below you in room 7425.

Everybody in the area can see into the aft balconys, and if it rains you won't be on the balcony. We did 2 cruises in a aft its real nice to watch out the rear of the ship, we had rain one sea day we could just stand outside our door. If you stay to the rear of the deck you can hide that way from somebody seeing you.

So are you saying that the people up on the deck above can look onto my balcony?

When we were on Victory my husband moved a chair on our aft wrap balcony near the railing. He then went to the Lido to look down. Couldn't see the chair. Nor did we see anything but the balcony rail of the balconies we could see.

We were the deck below you in room 7425.

Thanks, that makes me feel better. Never know when I may be sitting out there in my birthday suit, LOL

I've only cruised twice (so far!) but have had an aft balcony on both (Freedom and Destiny, which are the same/similar as Victory). I like to stretch out and relax on a balcony lounge chair. Can't do that if you're on the side of the ship!

It was great at sail away from each port....watching the shore get farther and farther away while you feast on snacks from the lido (up one flight of stairs!!!) and a cocktail. Really convenient location!!!!

ENJOY!!!!

Peg

Archived