Dinner and Shows

GolferGal2

This is my first NCL cruise, but not my first cruise. I assume there is a nightly attraction show (main theater). Are there two show times available? I'm a little confused with the "Freestyle Dining" and how that works with seeing the show. If there's only one show time then I assume the main dining rooms are packed with people trying to eat before that one show. My only experience has been with having two show times available making it possible for each dinner time group to see a show. Thank you in advance to those that can help explain to me how the show and dinner times work. :)

Generally there are 2 shows nightly in the theatre. Plenty of time to eat before or after the show, depending on your preference. If you find yourself cutting it a bit close in time, just let your server know that you would like to make the show. They will bring out the courses quicker and get you out in time. The shows last about 45 minutes to an hour.

Things are a bit different on the Epic where dinner is included in the Cirque show. Otherwise, it's all the same.

Just check your freestyle daily for show times, plan your show preference and go eat when you want to eat and where you want to eat. Dinner in the main dining rooms and the specialty dining rooms generally last about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.

It's just like going out to dinner and the theatre at home but you don't have to find a parking place for the car!

Generally there are 2 shows nightly in the theatre. Plenty of time to eat before or after the show, depending on your preference. If you find yourself cutting it a bit close in time, just let your server know that you would like to make the show. They will bring out the courses quicker and get you out in time. The shows last about 45 minutes to an hour.

Things are a bit different on the Epic where dinner is included in the Cirque show. Otherwise, it's all the same.

Just check your freestyle daily for show times, plan your show preference and go eat when you want to eat and where you want to eat. Dinner in the main dining rooms and the specialty dining rooms generally last about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.

It's just like going out to dinner and the theatre at home but you don't have to find a parking place for the car!

Thank you so much for that info. My concern was if only one show I might end up missing it. That makes our eating time much more flexible. Thanks again for the explanation.

Thank you so much for that info. My concern was if only one show I might end up missing it. That makes our eating time much more flexible. Thanks again for the explanation.

I factor in arriving at the theater 30min before the show starts, since we have favorite seats on a couple of the ships.

From my experience, when there is only one show (like the Welcome Aboard or the Farewell Variety shows), they tend to schedule them later so that everyone can still see them. Like crew mom said, keep an eye on the Freestyle Daily and you should be fine :)

Exactly. And as an example, I believe these shows are 730pm.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Very much appreciated. Our experience with cruises is that the MDR has been satisfactory for us and we usually ate at the 8pm time frame. Looks like we may have to do some adjustment, which is no biggie, and will read carefully the "Daily" to stay informed about entertainment.

Thanks Again!

I just got off the Jewel yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised that both the Welcome Aboard show and the Farewell Variety Show were offered twice - at 7:30 and 9:30pm.

Also remember that with Freestyle, if you're running a bit late at dinner and want to catch the early show, you can always go back to the MDR (or Blue Lagoon) after the show for dessert/coffee at 8:30 or so. Also check out the buffet for a crepes station serving dessert in the evening.

Archived