Carrying On/Off Luggage

We are two couples on a 4 night cruise. We want to carry on and off our luggage. I've carried off in the past and I think we were assigned a departure time/color or something of that nature. I've read some pretty dramatic stories about embarkation and disembarkation with the Liberty and Port Everglades in general and just want to be prepared. We don't have any place to be at any specific time but want to try and avoid (as much as possible) a lengthy, crowded wait to get off the boat and through customs.

What are the requirements for carrying on and off?

Also, I've read plenty of threads and it appears that we can pack sodas/waters in our luggage. Can someone verify this, please? Thanks.

Best,

Sunny

Carrying off is no big deal, I've seen people with huge cases hefting themm down the stairs/escalators. Carrying on is a different subject. The bag has to fit through a security scanner, similar to those at an airport. If they think your bag is too large, they will have you turn it over to the porters.

You can leave whenever you want.

Technically no drinks of any descriptiom are allowed, but they seem to ignore this rule most of the time. If you bring it onboard you are smuggling, which will annoy many here.

The water on board is great and there is no need to waste money on bottled water.

You can line up to carry off your own luggage and be the first non-Crown & Anchor VIPs off the ship. Be aware that the DIY line starts forming up to an hour befor disembarkation actually starts, and the line can snake all over the ship and the stairs, but even in chaos it works decently and quickly.

Les

Definitely not into smuggling! I just thought you were allowed to bring sodas/water. Some ships allow people to pack their favorite soda/water (and alcohol) and I thought RCI was on track with that. Thanks for the heads up...I think I will call RCI directly and ask them about that. I will report back what I hear.

Best,

Sunny

We were off the Liberty in December. Be aware that often the ship docks at pier 25 but you clear customs is in pier 26. It's a bit of walk and not recommended if you have a lot of luggage from self debarkation. Not impossible by any means but not for the elderly.

If you do normal debarkation, they will deliver your luggage to pier 26 (but you still do the walk). Don't try to get off before your luggage number is called. They will stop you outside the terminal building.

http://www.porteverglades.org/directions-port-everglades.htm

Enjoy your cruise.

Lou

Archived