Time for Nachi & shopping???

NurseMarla

Hi there, my fiance & I just booked our first cruise (our honeymoon cruise) & I reserved a spot at Nachi already due to so many good reviews I've read on the boards.

My question is, we will arrive in Cozumel at 9 and leave at 5, how long do most people spend at Nachi & what time would you suggest we leave in order to get in some shopping & still make it to the ship on time?

Hi there, my fiance & I just booked our first cruise (our honeymoon cruise) & I reserved a spot at Nachi already due to so many good reviews I've read on the boards.

My question is, we will arrive in Cozumel at 9 and leave at 5, how long do most people spend at Nachi & what time would you suggest we leave in order to get in some shopping & still make it to the ship on time?

We had plenty of time to do both Nachi and shopping. We got off the ship and arrived at Nachi about 9. Stayed until about 1. Caught a taxi back and shopped for an hour then made it back to the ship in plenty of time.

We're booked for Nachi as well for our upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise, and I was wondering about ship time vs. island time. Nachi's website says they're open from 9 to 5, so that's island time. We're in port 8 to 7, ship time. This will be in May, so Daylight Savings Time will be a factor. So... how do all these times match up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We're booked for Nachi as well for our upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise, and I was wondering about ship time vs. island time. Nachi's website says they're open from 9 to 5, so that's island time. We're in port 8 to 7, ship time. This will be in May, so Daylight Savings Time will be a factor. So... how do all these times match up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Usually the ship stays on the time zone from whatever port it departs from - so FLA ports stay on east coast time while New Orleans and TX ports stay on central time. Just to confuse you further, Mexico adjusts from daylight to normal time on a different schedule than the US :eek:

Even if you stay at Nachi until they close at 5:00 Coz time, you should have time to cab back and catch your ship without a problem. Keep your watch on ship time and drink a few for me! :cool:

Good luck! :)

I know! I keep looking at the pictures wishing we were already there!

You are going to love it. And the food was delicious. I absolutely loved the coconut ice cream I had for dessert. But watch the salsa and chips they bring out to you. Don't get me wrong - it's wonderful. But HOT! I kept eating it until my tongue couldn't stand the burn anymore. Good stuff.

This is a great choice. You will love it. I have been there five times and enjoy it everytime. They are soooo nice and the service and food is great. The beach is absolutely beautiful and there are no crowds, which in my opinion is the best part. Most people leave between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. The beach is usually empty by 3:00.

Enjoy! I am going back again in July.

• 1 month later...

DH, myself and two other couples are going on cruise from New Orleans Nov 5th. We have been looking at booking All inclusive beach day at Mr. Sanchos, or Nachi. Can you tell me if you looked into both also? If you did, what made you choose Nachi? Was it the 100 max people? We cant decide which one to go to. Looking for anyone who can tell us differences between the two places as the pricing appears to be about the same.

Also, did you book direct thru Nachi? or did you go thru someone else to make the reservation?

Thanks for any help! First cruise for all of us in my group and we just cant wait!!

DH, myself and two other couples are going on cruise from New Orleans Nov 5th. We have been looking at booking All inclusive beach day at Mr. Sanchos, or Nachi. Can you tell me if you looked into both also? If you did, what made you choose Nachi? Was it the 100 max people? We cant decide which one to go to. Looking for anyone who can tell us differences between the two places as the pricing appears to be about the same.

Also, did you book direct thru Nachi? or did you go thru someone else to make the reservation?

Thanks for any help! First cruise for all of us in my group and we just cant wait!!

Been to both and prefer Nachi. It's much more quiet than Mr Sancho's. They have music blaring; the beach toys are right offshore and people are playing on there and yelling and having a good time. I think it depends on what you want; if you want the quiet then by all means choose Nachi. If you want water toys and music then choose Mr Sancho's.

Been to both and prefer Nachi. It's much more quiet than Mr Sancho's. They have music blaring; the beach toys are right offshore and people are playing on there and yelling and having a good time. I think it depends on what you want; if you want the quiet then by all means choose Nachi. If you want water toys and music then choose Mr Sancho's.

Thanks so much! I'm thinking quiet is better. Do you know if you get your own table and lounge chairs if you make a reservation? I mean, do they assign you a table for the day, so to speak?

We went to Nachi last Monday 3/26 and had a great time. When we got there they were not actually opened yet. We had to wait outside the gate until someone came an opened it. We were one of the first people on the beach so we were able to choose where we wanted to sit. Also we were the only ship in port that day, we actually booked it the day before our cruise on 3/23. We were shocked we were able to get a spot booking so late. We had a great time, I might have a too good of a time (lots of coronas) we were back at the port around 3pm so there was plenty of time to do shopping before getting on the ship. I hope you have a great time on your vacation.

I looked at both places & decided to go with Nachi. It's our honeymoon & I want something a bit more romantic than a bunch of people & what-not. I booked directly through the Nachi website. Quick & easy. :)

Thanks! Trying to get all info i can on the differences between the two places that i can give to the others in my group. We want food, drink, wave runners, and a beautiful beach. Both places sound similar to each other with the exception of quiet vs loud, and few people vs. crowds. I think i would prefer to go to the quiet place, though who knows how quiet my group of 6 will be.

Nothing overboard, but a vacation with adults only, no kids and a designated driver for 5 days - bring on the beach and the drinks :D

I looked at both places & decided to go with Nachi. It's our honeymoon & I want something a bit more romantic than a bunch of people & what-not. I booked directly through the Nachi website. Quick & easy. :)

P.S. Congrats. and have a great honeymoon. Enjoy your cruise. We leave on Elation Nov. 3rd. and are counting the days!!

Im also deciding between those 2.

Leaning more to Mr. Sanchoz.

Pros: people here reported it as sandy beach, no rocks vs someone said to wear water shoes at Nachi

Somehow mexican-themed, hopefully they will have traditional band

I read everywhere about their excellent service.

Nachi: why im leaning against it

Read review about it being too quiet, nothing going on

But big plus: no water toys

That is a good poiny about noise from water toys, not only they are somehow ugly but also noisy. Now need to reconsider.

Is Mr.sanchoz really crowded?

I saw a picture of beautiful beach in Mahogany Bay, all empty and then same view with crowds, oh no thanks.

Thanks so much! I'm thinking quiet is better. Do you know if you get your own table and lounge chairs if you make a reservation? I mean, do they assign you a table for the day, so to speak?

You'll be given your choice of lounge chairs - under the trees? Close to the water? By the pool? Near the bar :D?

You'll have the same waiter all day - let him know what you want to drink and when you think you'll want lunch - we chose to eat at a table next to the pool instead of in the restaurant area (no problem! :cool:). Relax and enjoy and tip well! Good luck! :)

You'll be given your choice of lounge chairs - under the trees? Close to the water? By the pool? Near the bar :D?

You'll have the same waiter all day - let him know what you want to drink and when you think you'll want lunch - we chose to eat at a table next to the pool instead of in the restaurant area (no problem! :cool:). Relax and enjoy and tip well! Good luck! :)

Thanks. All of these responses are helping so much.

Im also deciding between those 2.

Leaning more to Mr. Sanchoz.

Pros: people here reported it as sandy beach, no rocks vs someone said to wear water shoes at Nachi

Somehow mexican-themed, hopefully they will have traditional band

I read everywhere about their excellent service.

Nachi: why im leaning against it

Read review about it being too quiet, nothing going on

But big plus: no water toys

That is a good poiny about noise from water toys, not only they are somehow ugly but also noisy. Now need to reconsider.

Is Mr.sanchoz really crowded?

I saw a picture of beautiful beach in Mahogany Bay, all empty and then same view with crowds, oh no thanks.

I have no problem with quiet, but i guess, like you, i dont want TOO quiet. I mean, some music and some other people would be nice. Just not sure if we want a real ROWDY crowd. Also, like you stated, while I'm not AGAINST a beach with water toys, we certainly aren't going to use them. We arent old enough to be tired at 4 pm, but we're old enough that jumping off one of those things could cause back issues for the rest of the trip if you go down the wrong way ;) so it would be kind of nice to have "just beach and water" so to speak.

The sand issue you mentioned makes me wonder though. I'd read a few posts about sand on some beaches being rough to walk on. I was kind of hoping for that nice, white, soft sand. :cool:

I just know that Im making this decision harder than it has to be LOL

The sand issue you mentioned makes me wonder though. I'd read a few posts about sand on some beaches being rough to walk on. I was kind of hoping for that nice, white, soft sand. :cool:

I just know that Im making this decision harder than it has to be LOL

I did not notice any issues with the sand when we've been there - it is not that fine, white, sugar sand you find near Pensacola and along parts of the gulf, but it's no worse or better than the sane we enjoy in Va. Beach and the Outer Banks of NC. Have another margarita - you'll enjoy either place. :D

I did not notice any issues with the sand when we've been there - it is not that fine, white, sugar sand you find near Pensacola and along parts of the gulf, but it's no worse or better than the sane we enjoy in Va. Beach and the Outer Banks of NC. Have another margarita - you'll enjoy either place. :D

LOL Im sure you are right!!! Either place is better than doing laundry and dishes at home

We've been to Nachi 4 times and going again in May. We love Nachi, the quiet, beautiful beach, wonderful drinks, delicious food, and excellent service. I've never had an issue with the sand, and the water is clear and NOT rocky. I don't know why anyone would need water shoes for Nachi. I always look forward to a nice beach massaage there too, and at a steal of a price, especially compaired to the ship prices. Yes, Nachi is very quiet, but it's what we look forward to for the day. There is lots of music and crowds on the ship, so a nice day spent with the one I love on a quiet beach is a real treat. We've been to Chakannab, Playa Mia and Mr. Sanchos and won't go back to any of them again. Just too many people and Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia too crowded to enjoy some quality time with my husband. Chakannab is nice, but getting into the water you have to walk over a bunch of HUGE rocks and it's not really like a beach where you slowly walk in, you go over the rocks get in and then it drops off and you just swim. 48 days till I'm laying on the beach at Nachi and I cant wait.

Archived