Customs/Immigration connecting from US in CDG

Pearl64

I did try to use the search button but all I found was connection time. Sorry if this info is elsewhere. We are flying from PIT to CDG on a nonstop Delta operated by AirFrance flight. Yes, I know highly unusual! We have almost a 5 hour layover in CDG before our flight to Marseille. The question I have is: do we go through customs/immigration with our luggage in CDG or MRS? Also, we will be coming back to Paris at the end of our trip and want to know if we can access the TI at the airport to get travel info and the Paris Museum Pass before our flight to Marseille as we have so much time? I thought it would make good use of our time.

Another question is besides a taxi what is the best way to get from the Marais section of Paris to CDG on a Sunday morning? I have read about an AirFrance shuttle bus? We are flying Delta but the flight is actually an AirFrance flight nonstop to PIT. Yes, I know again highly unusual!

Last question: Our flight to Marseille in on Air France. We were told by both Delta and AirFrance that we cannot get our seats until we are at the airport--CDG. Upon arriving where would we do this? I am just trying to know the steps and how to do them so we can be as efficient as possible. We usually do not have two stops going on our trip in a foreign country so are unsure how this all works.

Thanks for all answers and apologize for my lack of knowledge.

Pearl

The question I have is: do we go through customs/immigration with our luggage in CDG or MRS?

You go through immigration at CDG terminal 2E, without your luggage. You go through customs at MRS, with your luggage. Customs in Europe is a very relaxed experienced.

Also, we will be coming back to Paris at the end of our trip and want to know if we can access the TI at the airport to get travel info and the Paris Museum Pass before our flight to Marseille as we have so much time?

Not sure what the TI is (travel information?), but I suspect that if a TI exists you will have access to it. You will have to change terminals at CDG, from 2E to 2F, so essentially during those 5 hours you are free to roam anywhere. So if TI is outside security, or inside security at 2F, you will have access to it.

Another question is besides a taxi what is the best way to get from the Marais section of Paris to CDG on a Sunday morning?

Train. RER B from Chatelet - Les Halles.

I have read about an AirFrance shuttle bus?

The Air France bus is not convenient to the Marais. The train is best.

Last question: Our flight to Marseille in on Air France. We were told by both Delta and AirFrance that we cannot get our seats until we are at the airport--CDG. Upon arriving where would we do this?

You will most likely get your CDG-MRS seats assigned when you get your boarding passes at PIT. If not, go to the transfer desk at CDG and get them there.

Enjoy your trip.

I did try to use the search button but all I found was connection time. Sorry if this info is elsewhere. We are flying from PIT to CDG on a nonstop Delta operated by AirFrance flight. Yes, I know highly unusual! We have almost a 5 hour layover in CDG before our flight to Marseille. The question I have is: do we go through customs/immigration with our luggage in CDG or MRS?
Immigration at CDG, customs at MRS.
Also, we will be coming back to Paris at the end of our trip and want to know if we can access the TI at the airport to get travel info and the Paris Museum Pass before our flight to Marseille as we have so much time? I thought it would make good use of our time.
TI? Not sure about what that is. However, you will be outside security and can go to on or off-airport locations as needed.
Another question is besides a taxi what is the best way to get from the Marais section of Paris to CDG on a Sunday morning? I have read about an AirFrance shuttle bus? We are flying Delta but the flight is actually an AirFrance flight nonstop to PIT. Yes, I know again highly unusual!
Not unusual at all. There are the AF buses, and there is also a train station in the airport that you can use. Easily accessible within the T2 complex. I can't speak for the Marais area specifically.
Last question: Our flight to Marseille in on Air France. We were told by both Delta and AirFrance that we cannot get our seats until we are at the airport--CDG. Upon arriving where would we do this? I am just trying to know the steps and how to do them so we can be as efficient as possible. We usually do not have two stops going on our trip in a foreign country so are unsure how this all works.
You can go to any AF automated kiosk for an onward boarding pass, or you can visit any AF transfer desk within the terminal.
Thanks for all answers and apologize for my lack of knowledge.
No problem. Better to ask in advance. FYI, the AF website has a lot of information regarding transfers at CDG. Look under the tab for at the airport, then under connections in Paris.

Thank you for the replies. I knew I would get answers here. I will check out the AF website. And, TI is tourist information--I have been reading Rick Steves's books so was used to his abbreviation.

I feel better as to what to expect at CDG. It is good to know we won't have to be bothered with out checked luggage!

I like to be prepared so the information is quite helpful.

Pearl

I have never used any tourist info booths at CDG, so I can't comment on location or how good they may be. AMS, yes, but not at CDG.

You are very welcome. Feel free to post other questions as you learn more and need additional refinement. CDG is not the best airport in Europe, but has significantly improved over the complete hell hole it was a decade ago. AF and ADP (the airport authority) recognized that they had problems and have worked to reduce them.

Archived