Light Rail from SeaTac to Mayflower Park

CRUISEDEALER

I was wondering if someone could give me any advice or information on taking the light rail from the airport to the Mayflower Park Hotel. Is the hotel on the rail line and if not, how far away is it? I know a cab will run about $45 so I am trying to see if it is worth it to take the light rail. Thanks for any information and tips.

Well, I'm not a Seattle resident, but google maps shows that the "Westlake & Olive Way" station is only a block or two from the location of the hotel. I don't know if that's the same line that goes to the airport...hopefully a Seattle resident will step in here and help out.

For a time there was direct access between the Westlake light rail stop and the Mayflower, through the lower level of Westlake Center. However I think that "underground passage" has been closed due to construction at Westlake Center, in which case you'd need to come up to street level from the station, and walk next door to the Mayflower. I'm pretty sure the Mayflower is the closest hotel to a light rail station in downtown Seattle, with the Pioneer Square Courtyard a close second (half a block.)

Per the hotel web site:

<<< located next door to the historic Mayflower Park Hotel is Seattle’s Light Rail, which offers our hotel guests transportation within the Seattle area and to and from SeaTac Airport. >>>

The last stop on the Light Rail is Westlake Center. It appears that the hotel and Westlake Center are practically adjoined.

http://www.mayflowerpark.com/

As long as you can manage your luggage the Light Rail is a great option. The Airport Station is a short walk from Baggage Claim, about 7-8 minutes; up an escalator/elevator then follow the signs thru the parking garage.

We have stayed at the Mayflower Park, and loved the hotel. It is my current favorite Seattle hotel. The hotel itself was great, and the location can't be beat.

We used a taxi from the airport to the hotel. We had two carry-ons and three medium sized suitcases. While the light rail station is so close to the hotel you could easily walk from the station to the hotel with luggage, the light rail cars that we used did not have the luggage racks which you so frequently see in Europe rail cars. While apparently people do use the light rail from the airport, you would have to put luggage either on seats or in the entry way into the cars.

Archived