Back to Back - Port Everglades to Port of Miami

Archaegeo

So I am still trying to figure out the best way to get from Port Everglades on Saturday the 24th of March to the Port of Miami. I am arriving on the Oasis of the Seas and then leaving on the Celebrity Eclipse (always make your travel more challenging right?)

Looking at this broward county taxi link:

And this google map:

It looks like the trip is about 28 miles, so 28 x 6 x 0.40 = about 70.00 for the trip, plus a tip of course, so figure about 85.00 as my baseline (meaning I can count on a taxi to get it done).

Is this my best bet? My sister who is going on the first cruise with me will be transferring to FLL to catch her flight home, so I have thought about going there and then catching a transfer from there to PoM.

Thoughts on other methods?

There are a number of FLL based shuttle companies that may work for you - SAS, QLS and Go Airport Shuttle are favorites on these boards. They are busy transporting customers from POM back to FLL in the early morning, so you may need to kill some time until 10:30 or 11 when they will start taking passengers to POM.

Fares from FLL and area hotels start at about $15 per person; you may be charged a bit more if they pick you up at PE.

You could rent a car, grab some lunch and do what you want for a few hours; Thrifty, Alamo, National offer free shuttle to POM from their MIA airport location.

Good luck! :)

Archived