MINI Trenitalia fares now as low as 9Euros!!

thelistmaker

@eurocruiser

Thank you for the information. We were also training on May 1st from Florence Port to Cinque Terre. Can we do this without having to rush? We wanted to walk between two of the cities. Spending most of the day in CT. We would probably pick up the train at La Spezia or anywhere else you might suggest. All suggestions are welcome. I understand about poor Venazza and don't plan on walking there. Also, any information about catching the ferry between the cities would be helpful. Thanks again for any information!

May 1st is a major holiday in Italy, so be prepared for big crowds in the Cinque Terre and fewer trains.

The first train of the day from Livorno Centrale to La Spezia is at 9:17, which you should have no trouble making if your ship docks at 7 or 8 AM. This is a Frecciabianca train and makes the trip in just about an hour. The fare is 14 Euro in second class.

I always recommend taking a taxi to the train station in Livorno ... the shuttle into town followed by the local bus is a nightmare, in my experience. You may get some resistance from cab drivers looking for a bigger fare but be persistent, you'll find one who will make the run.

You can buy an all day pass at the train station in La Spezia (from the newsstand, I'm not sure if the ticket office has them) that also covers your park fees for the hiking trails.

There aren't many options for the return trip, unfortunately. There is a 2:12 IC that arrives in Livorno at 3:25 (Euro 10,50) or a 4:07 Frecciabiana that arrives at 5:14 (14 Euro).

Hi eurocruiser... Thanks again for the information. I see there is a ship excursion that does the same thing as this independent traveling... maybe for safety I might take it so that I don't miss the ship. I am so independent I thought possibly it would be simpler to not take ships excursions...but this could be very crowded.. hhmmm things to think about.

You don't need to do anything, just use your existing ticket. The fare for Mestre or Santa Lucia is the same, so if the train continues on to Santa Lucia you just stay on. Besides, no one will check at that point anyway, they wouldn't know.

I was hoping someone would say that:). Think I will chance it.:rolleyes:

Thanks a mill.

Archived