Emerald Beach

ljzelenz

From what I have read, Emerald Beach is approximately 2 miles/5 minutes from the Havensight Cruise terminal and the cost for a taxi is $6.00 per person each way.

I'm not sure, but I think that Allure docks at Crown Bay cruise terminal, which is even closer to Emerald Beach.

Best Western Hotel does not charge any entrance fees to use the beach, restaurant, beachbar, or bathroom facilities. The last time that I checked their website I read that umbrellas can be rented for $10 and chairs for $7. There are paddle boats and kayaks for rent. There's no problem getting a taxi back to the ship since it's a hotel.

We plan to visit Emerald Beach on our April cruise.

Allure will dock at Crown Bay, which is about a 5 minute taxi ride to Emerald Beach and the Best Western resort. All beaches here are public, but if you're not a guest, they may ask that you pay to use the lounge chairs. There's a bar & restaurant right on the beach, which is rarely crowded.

If your ship docks at Havensight, it will be about a 15-20 minute ride to Emerald Beach - or longer - depending on traffic.

Have fun!

We were there a couple of weeks ago. There was no problem at all using the beach, although none of us rented chairs. We just put our towels down, some of us in the sun and some of us in the shade of the trees up by the Best Western. We were to the right of the beach bar as you are facing it, or the left side of the beach. A guy did come along and ask if we wanted to rent chairs, they were $7. We just said no and he didn't hassle us. I was there with a bunch of the entertainment cast from the Emerald, lots of crew use the bar there for it's free wi fi, but it was not crowded at all. We did not order any food, so I can't comment on the prices, but some of the dancers did and it looked pretty good. The water was really calm and easy to swim in and there were quite a few families with children on the beach.

Here are a few photos:

Best Western Beach Bar:

IMG_0723.jpg

Chairs and kayaks for rent:

IMG_0730.jpg

Where we set up "camp" - DH and DD under tree, my towel in the foreground:

IMG_0724.jpg

Looking toward the other resort:

IMG_0721.jpg

The other direction on the beach (in front of the BW):

IMG_0717.jpg

Archived