welcome abord pic "the sea is calling"

I like the campaign!

I think RCCL should use the pictures of cruisers posing with a shell to their ear in a photo montage under the slogan, "Look Who Answered The Call. Why Haven't You?"

I like your Idea..but since it's a good one RCL would never go along with it..:D

• 3 months later...

The Lust for Life commercials were the best ever, best put together and most tempting I ever saw. Made you really want to go book a cruise. The Shell is just O.K. and the wait on phone recording extremely annoying. I wish they'd just go back to the Lust for Life and do new scenes.

But I loved the Princess commercial Crew Wolf posted with the man jumping out of the plane...really made me laugh!:p

We don't have this ad campaign in the UK, but I have seen the sea is calling ones. I really like the ads, but they made a few mistakes. For example this one:

The style of the ad is good. It lists all the things you can do onboard, whilst reminding you how stressful regular life is. The music is great, and that shot at the end, with just the sound of the ocean and the ship sailing in the sunset is beautiful. They have a variation of that last scene on each of the ads.

They messed up a bit though. That voice is the most irritating thing ever. If they just had a relaxing female voice, rather than something which belongs in a Disney movie, it would be far less jarring.

I personally love this commercial. Everytime it comes on it makes me want to cruise. I would have picked up the shell if I heard it ringing. The only thing that happens to me while walking down a city street is bums asking for money.:D

Archived