Review of the Navigator of the Seas - March 26, 2005 Sailing

These Boards are valuable to so many people for so many reasons. Newbies can find answers to even the most mundane questions.

Newbies like you 1corona4u ...I have noticed you have been on one other cruise beside your upcoming Navigator? Please let me know if this is correct. Would love to see a detailed post on your first cruise experience.

Like I said before. People with money invested in a cruise only want to know reinforcing info.. to justify their choice. It is your child.

Blue Horizon has taken the risk that many here do not take.. and has posted her OPINIONS based on ELEVEN cruises she has been on. Now lets see BLUE.. you have two more cruises in the works...so that will make 13 cruises.. I sure would want to hear your advice any time. Also if someone takes THAT MANY cruises It would lead me to believe she has had wonderful experiences to justify the COSTS of that many cruises. And I do know you have mentioned usually reserving 2 rooms on most of your cruises.

ALWAYSONVACATION... I also do not see a review from you either. So before you ask someone else for their positive. I think its important to do the same and take the same risks of others agreeing or NOT agreeing with you.

When you post a review you risk FLAMING... People beg people to post on the ship they are planning on going on but when a person comes back with negatives.. OUCH...

I love cruising.. there is no perfect ship. Food preference is a personal thing. I like spicy you like bland.. that is why there are so many choices..something for everyone. MM27 never even ate in the dining room..

See ...Cruising gives you choices..

1corona4u I have taken the time to go over every post that is listed by you.. yes.. I had a half hour to spare.. You have offered very little of value. NO Reviews... nothing but your "COMMENTS" on other people.. Lots..of theses.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You could call most your your posts.. mini flames.... To see any ones previous posts just click on their names and go to their posts.

All of us have a little devil in them and the relatively anonymous boards like these are perfect for us to let SARCASM..loose here and there. I have no problem with offering an occasional jab my self.. but to spend all of your time on these boards finding fault and posting ROLLING EYES.. doesnt seem productive or helpful.

I look forward to reading your review on your upcoming Navigator cruise. And as I do when reading any review I will read what I want in the review.

You are welcome to read my review on the Inaugural Voyage of the Carnival Valor. You will see I do not criticize my entire experience.. I have Good and Bad.. in the mix...

BLUE HORIZON. you are a wise old Cruiser.. and I hope you continue to post your experiences. I know you have another cruise coming up this summer and I look forward to reading all about it.

In the time i took to write this post I see sniping to the max going on. Gosh all of us are so wise and sharp with our tongues...LOL

whoa...what is going on here.....1corona4u ....hey have you forgotten to take your meds again today:D

I cant see where LoriLinay was saying anything about or to you...she was replying to the OP.

I am replying on my own behalf and not on behalf of others.

Liz

Sue, I "think" it opened around 6? I supposed I could have waited another hour and gotten a quick bite in there. But what kept happening is that I'd be really hungry, and not just "snack"..LOL!!! Then I'd get to dinner at 8:30 and not be hungry. You have in mind exactly what I had in mind. A cup of soup or a small salad. But somehow, when ever I'd sit down, I'd have a plate full of desserts, and hot entree, and fruit, and.....

dromMOM, excellently said!!! I raise my glass to you! :) :)

Thank you. I have to say that I have had the privledge of personally emailing Blue Horizon and she has so many tips on getting the best deals $$$ from Booking 3 cruises a year. She has said she usually doesnt like to post because of this exact thing. I feel her knowledge of Cruising is of value to these boards and I would hate for her to stop posting.

She probably has more to offer us than we have to offer her.

When my son and I went on the Navigator...Feb 04...we were disappointed with the so called "teens programme"...heck it never happened.Actually my son was bored on that sailing...but that hasnt stopped us from booking the sister ship,the Mariner for this Oct.

Yes we had problems with our food.....sorry but the Alterative Steak RCCI served at that time...was a disgrace....also I was given a chicken sandwich in JR's that had blood in it......but that wont stop us going on the Mariner.We just know better now what to do if/when anything goes wrong.....you open your mouth while on the ship and complain until someone does something about it.

I get really annoyed by how some people....please note I say some...I am not referring to anyone in particular......go on about compensation.....my mum was badly injured on her last cruise ..through no fault of hers....and she hasnt received anything from RCCI and that was 6 months ago.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...the OP has a right to explain/vent...whatever about her experience...we all do it on here.

1corona4u

Perhaps you need to read LoriLinay's posting again...I believe you misread it....and an apology is due to her.

Liz

When my son and I went on the Navigator...Feb 04...we were disappointed with the so called "teens programme"...heck it never happened.Actually my son was bored on that sailing...but that hasnt stopped us from booking the sister ship,the Mariner for this Oct.

Yes we had problems with our food.....sorry but the Alterative Steak RCCI served at that time...was a disgrace....also I was given a chicken sandwich in JR's that had blood in it......but that wont stop us going on the Mariner.We just know better now what to do if/when anything goes wrong.....you open your mouth while on the ship and complain until someone does something about it.

I get really annoyed by how some people....please note I say some...I am not referring to anyone in particular......go on about compensation.....my mum was badly injured on her last cruise ..through no fault of hers....and she hasnt received anything from RCCI and that was 6 months ago.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...the OP has a right to explain/vent...whatever about her experience...we all do it on here.

1corona4u

Perhaps you need to read LoriLinay's posting again...I believe you misread it....and an apology is due to her.

Liz

I think as with any type of service that you purchase we as consumers SHOULD voice our concerns. I always send a note to the cruise line to let them know of the great service I have received from their staff and to let them know what I felt needs improvement. Never asked for a handout. Received nice notes from the cruiseline thanking me for taking the time to let them know.

I heard from BlueHorizon that she has done the same thing on many of her cruises. This time when she spoke of the problem with the staff, her main issue was the teen program NOT only did this cause serious concern with customer service at RCCL they called the ship while on the line with Blue. This is a serious concern as they said they were liable for anything that might happen in the kids center when an activity was supposed to occur and no staffing was there. So if you had a similar problem on the same ship and told the cruise line this is important for them to know. I do know Blue never asked for anything. but the service person offered it.

I agree with you totally that bad food wouldnt be my reason for not cruising. Can you imagine trying to feed 1000 people in two dining rooms at the same time and do it absolutly perfectly.. just not possible.. HUMANS ERROR!!LOL

I am awstruck at how smooth and how VERY Edible most of the food has been on the different cruise lines I have sailed.

So I can imagine that the food has never been perfect on the 11 cruises Blue Horizon has taken..LOL

These Boards are valuable to so many people for so many reasons. Newbies can find answers to even the most mundane questions.

Newbies like you 1corona4u ...I have noticed you have been on one other cruise beside your upcoming Navigator? Please let me know if this is correct. Would love to see a detailed post on your first cruise experience.

Like I said before. People with money invested in a cruise only want to know reinforcing info.. to justify their choice. It is your child.

Blue Horizon has taken the risk that many here do not take.. and has posted her OPINIONS based on ELEVEN cruises she has been on. Now lets see BLUE.. you have two more cruises in the works...so that will make 13 cruises.. I sure would want to hear your advice any time. Also if someone takes THAT MANY cruises It would lead me to believe she has had wonderful experiences to justify the COSTS of that many cruises. And I do know you have mentioned usually reserving 2 rooms on most of your cruises.

ALWAYSONVACATION... I also do not see a review from you either. So before you ask someone else for their positive. I think its important to do the same and take the same risks of others agreeing or NOT agreeing with you.

When you post a review you risk FLAMING... People beg people to post on the ship they are planning on going on but when a person comes back with negatives.. OUCH...

I love cruising.. there is no perfect ship. Food preference is a personal thing. I like spicy you like bland.. that is why there are so many choices..something for everyone. MM27 never even ate in the dining room..

See ...Cruising gives you choices..

1corona4u I have taken the time to go over every post that is listed by you.. yes.. I had a half hour to spare.. You have offered very little of value. NO Reviews... nothing but your "COMMENTS" on other people.. Lots..of theses.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You could call most your your posts.. mini flames.... To see any ones previous posts just click on their names and go to their posts.

All of us have a little devil in them and the relatively anonymous boards like these are perfect for us to let SARCASM..loose here and there. I have no problem with offering an occasional jab my self.. but to spend all of your time on these boards finding fault and posting ROLLING EYES.. doesnt seem productive or helpful.

I look forward to reading your review on your upcoming Navigator cruise. And as I do when reading any review I will read what I want in the review.

You are welcome to read my review on the Inaugural Voyage of the Carnival Valor. You will see I do not criticize my entire experience.. I have Good and Bad.. in the mix...

BLUE HORIZON. you are a wise old Cruiser.. and I hope you continue to post your experiences. I know you have another cruise coming up this summer and I look forward to reading all about it.

In the time i took to write this post I see sniping to the max going on. Gosh all of us are so wise and sharp with our tongues...LOL

First of all, if you read my previous post at all, then you would know my background, and that while I may be new to cruise ships, I am not new to sailing on the ocean. The only difference is the size of the ship, and the amenities.

Second, I could care less what you or anyone else thinks of what I post to. The OP was rude to Phoenix, so I gave it right back to her. With me, you get what you give. But I will state my opinion on whatever I feel. It is a public message board.

I don't come to this board to make friends. I come here to gauge the type of people I will be cruising with. But I will refrain from commenting further. Except to say that there are SOME nice people here, or people that are of the same ilk as me. If I do happen to make friends with people from the boards, then we will be like minded.

There are a few people on this board, and another board, who have held a grudge against me for sometime now, and whenever they see an opportunity to slam me, they do. That apology to the OP from Lori, was aimed at me. She has done this more than once, because, apparently, she has personal issues with me that she just can't get past.....

Oh, and just for the record, I wouldn't say anything on the board that I wouldn't say to your face. I am very forthright. Life is too short to mince words.

Don't like my post? Put me on your ignore list.:cool:

Blue, Thanks for the review! I totally understand what you mean about the teen program. My kids attempted to go to several planned activities and when they got there, nothing. Either nobody else showed, and they cancelled them, or they (the kids club crew) didn't have the activity. My kids just saw other kids milling around. It may have been the time of year though, and the fact that there were only about 150 kids on board.

I'm sorry a few feel the need to slam you for having an opinion. To me, it sure doesn't sound like you are saying your cruise was terrible, just that some things that happened were irritating. I agree about the weird food and closed venues.

On Enchantment 2 years ago, there was literally HOURS when the only thing I could get was a burger or pizza. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place, or yes, could have sat in my cabin and ordered room service. But right around 5pm, I wanted SOMETHING not too heavy. Dinner wasn't for 3.5 more hours.

The bed was BROKEN all week? I'd be MORE than irritated!

This is post # 15. NO ONE, other than me, had said anything contrary to this point. So who was she talking about if it wasn't me????

As I said, I do not appreciate someone apologizing for ME stating MY opinion.

On our sailing....I along with other parents spoke to the Pursers desk etc about how the teen activities didnt take place....the kids were turning up but no crew member came along to do the activity.I did write to RCCI about it when we came home and about the bloody chicken...their reply was ..."sorry...hope you will cruise with us again in the future."

It is a disgrace how here we are over a year later and RCCI havent done anything yet about the teen programme.Do they listen to us ....nope do they heck as like....but we continue to cruise with them...because..we love cruising...we love the planning ,the cruise boards...the new friends we know we will make.

By the way can I just say....in my experience from reading these boards for two years,and chatting with a lot of cruisers...that RCCI are less inclinded to pay any compensation to us from the UK as to the pax from the US etc.That isnt being rude to anyone over the pond ..it is just the way it is.But again...it doesnt make me not want to go to US to cruise....I am so excited about our next trip over....I dont care what bads things we read about.....bed bugs,bad food etc....we will still be cruising in under 6 months with RCCI again.

Liz

I will say this one more time and then I will be happy to IGNORE.. you. Might I suggest you do the same to whoever is offending you. Which seems to be just about everyone.

PLEASE go back and reread all of your posts.. MAYBE TWO OR THREE OFFERS ADVICE.. Seriously... almost all of your threads offer NOTHING>>>>>>>

When you post NEGATIVILY and sarcastically ...CONSISTENTLY this is board it is bound to happen to you.

The only nice posts you have posted have to do with Animals..hmmmm

First of all, if you read my previous post at all, then you would know my background, and that while I may be new to cruise ships, I am not new to sailing on the ocean. The only difference is the size of the ship, and the amenities.
so what are we talking about..Windjammer..military vessel..tugboat??

I don't come to this board to make friends. I come here to gauge the type of people I will be cruising with. But I will refrain from commenting further. Except to say that there are SOME nice people here, or people that are of the same ilk as me. If I do happen to make friends with people from the boards, then we will be like minded.

You not coming to this board to make friends. My turn.. :rolleyes: obvious..

Happy Sailing...

Gee Liz.. its a shame.. they don't take UK'ers seriously.. that just doesnt make any sense.. :confused: It seems I find that Calling and talking to a human sometimes gets the point across..

I hope they make some serious changes to the staff of their teen program. It is their liability if a child gets hurt after they are dropped off for an activity and noone is there to chaperone..

so what are we talking about..Windjammer..military vessel..tugboat??

You not coming to this board to make friends. My turn.. :rolleyes: obvious..

Happy Sailing...

Private Luxury Motor Yachts...over 200 ft. And even a couple of years on the worlds fatsest megayacht.....not that I owe you or anyone else my resume.:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting your review of the Navigator. It goes to show how we can all come to different conclusions after sailing on the same ship even though it was a different date from one another.

I cruised on the Navigator back in December deciding that I was ready for a break from Carnival. Sorry to say that Carnival will not being see me again for a while as RCI won me over. I'm not saying that Carnival is bad but for the same money I can sail on what I feel is a cruise line that cares more for my business. I found the crew on the Navigator to be some of the best that I have ever encountered in all my years of cruising.

I never comment on the subject of food as we all have different taste buds but I found RCI's food to be equal or better than what I have had on other cruise lines. I liked that RCI held the dress code in the Windjammer and not allowing bathing suits and required men to wear shirts. For Sue, the Windjammer opened at 6:00-9:00 in the evening. I also liked that I could get a "hot" breakfast served on my balcony in the morning. The two ice cream machines on both sides of the Windjammer were open each time that I went by them. Only used them a few times. I did notice one outside but never used it.

I found that RCI does not nickle and dime like Carnival. No bingo before the production shows. No constant annoucements for inch of gold, bingo and art auctions. I have no problem with paying the very small surcharge at Johnny Rocket's because it has done what RCI wanted it to do and that was to stop kids from hanging out and taking up space for the ones that wanted to eat. I found JR's doing brisk business all week so the surcharge is not hurting them.

I booked the Navigator again this December, same week. It sounds as if RCI is not for you and there is nothing wrong with that. Hope that you find the cruise line that works.

dromMum

Yes sadly for us here we have to phone our UK office if we have complaints against RCCI....doesnt matter where we have sailed or booked with ...we have to complain here.....and boy oh boy.....their office staff here are well trained......in not being able to help!!!!So then you have to email Miami...who then refers it to UK....who doesnt respond...so it goes on and on....it is very difficult to get compensation out of them.But see that is one of the different ways in our countries...and I am not being disrespectful here....but you dont hear of people suing others all the time here like you do over the pond.

If someone was to do a study on complaints from pax....and work out the correct % ratio....I bet you would find that more pax from US complain and recieve compensation that pax from UK/Europe put together.

But as they say....thats life.

Sorry OP for going a bit off topic.Just thought it would be interesting to others to know the different way passengers are treated by RCCI.

Liz

Liz.. sorry for your problems traveling here.. I do understand differences in the cultural ways things are dealt with.. I had so many confrontations with rude people while in France.. that in order to get information I headed for the Cosmetics department in Gallieries layfayette (the girls are on commission LOL) and they of course were most helpful after I purchased numerous items.. :D

In the UK.. you all que up so nicely..loved that...(but had to remember to definitely look both ways crossing the street..lol)

Non Modern Hotels in Europe can be a culture shock to Americans..so culturally we are used to different kinds of accomodations.

I only go Hampton Inn here in the US..lol..wont catch me in a Motel 8.

In Europe I'm not good about the bathroom being down the hall from my room. I would never accept those accomodations.. but I know many choose this..

All of Cruisers cultural backgrounds.. effect what they expect of service etc..The way a person was raised does have a lot to do with it.

I personally have never sued anyone.. But I have had major opportunity to do so.

In a McDonalds Play center a mat was not centerd correctly.. alas broken FOOT... the manager admitted he hadn't straighted out the play center from the day before..Said It was definitely his fault. Now many people would drool at the opportunity to sue..MCDONALDS...$$$NOT ME! They payed for my hospital visit.. and a top notch Orthopedic man...

I now have arthritis in that area.. from the accident.. But I never sued.

See not everyone is sue happy.. ;) It does come back to haunt you...if you sue left and right...I refer to WENDY"S Finger incident.. she seemed to have done this before...Hence she is now under arrest.. I assume you might have read about it..

The only thing I feel is there should be some type of compensation or acknowledgment when you truly have been PUT OUT by your experience when a vast amount of money has been spent. And you deserved that from RCI..

I love the UK by the way have had some wonderful experiences..Many many visits.(Even visited as part of my honeymoon!) though ahem.. some of the food.. can be a bit bland for my American Taste buds..LOL :eek: ;)

(great Indian and Malaysian food though..)

MM 27 -I don't know what ship you were on but on our ship the outdoor ice cream machine was broken the entire cruise. They were trying to fix it but it was closed most of the week.

I see you ate in the buffet the entire cruise. I thought the buffet food was very good. My complaint was with the dining room food. You really can't comment as you didnt eat in the dining room

Like I said, I was on the Navigator on the March 26th sailing. The ice cream machine by the pool (next to the glass doors closest to the windjammer) was in fact working. Not for all 7 days (like I also said), but for most of the week. I know this because I used it several times. It's funny that you say it was broken the entire cruise and then in the next sentence say it was closed most of the week.

I don't think I ever commented on the dining room. I believe I said that I don't do the dining room thing and that I ate in the windjammer and JR's. Both very good!

I wouldn't want to meet or mingle with negative people. Why should i ruin my cruise experience. I had a great time that week.

There are 2 outdoor pools on this ship but one of the pools was always being used for scuba diving lessons and was closed.

:eek: Is this a common occurance on the Navigator? Was the pool used for scuba lessons very often during your trip? It didn't even occur to me that they'd do this at all except for maybe when the boat's docked :confused:

:eek: Is this a common occurance on the Navigator? Was the pool used for scuba lessons very often during your trip? It didn't even occur to me that they'd do this at all except for maybe when the boat's docked :confused:

The two pools were always open on my cruise back in December. I walked by the pools everyday and never saw them closed. Of course that was just my week and I am not sure about others.

a couple of times during the week they offered scuba lessons in the pool. There are two pools outside side by side. they did not use both of them. So when one was closed for scuba diving, you could always use the other one for swimming. Also there is a pool in the solarium.

Great, thanks :D I thought the OP meant that for most of the cruise the 2nd pool was closed. I'm a first time cruiser so I'm not sure how big the pools are but I imagine it could get quite busy if there was only one main pool.

Is the solarium pool open to everyone or just those having spa treatments?

they used the pools for volleyball also. Same thing, one was closed, the other could be used.

Solarium pool is for everyone (actually adults) I'm not sure what the cutoff age was, 16 I think.

Please be kind to me as this is my very first posting and I'm a little scared !!

We are from the UK and were on the Navigator the week after the OP (2nd April). I'm really sorry that she had a bad experience on the Navigator because we had a wonderful time and have already booked again for next year !! It was our first cruise so, unlike the OP, we have nothing to compare it against. However, we thought the food in the dining room was superb and the service incredible. Moreover, all of the ice cream machines were working during our week on board and we used the Cafe Promenade extensively - I agree, the cookies were incredible!!!

I saw one of the pools being used for scuba diving on two separate occasions but perhaps I was lucky as the lessons only lasted for about half an hour so my kids just played in the other pool and it wasn't a problem.

We also had an ocean view stateroom but ours had two pullman beds instead of a sofa bed and it worked out fine. I must say though that our kids are only aged seven and five so it would have been a totally different experience with teens!!

I hope I don't get slated as a 'newbie' but I just wanted to give my opinion - please be gentle !!!!

Julie

Archived