Not So "LIVE" Allure of the Seas: TAKE 2

QTMichele

Michele - thanks so much for your review. Loving it so far! Question about the cabanas - I asked you on a previous thread about the capacity and I see here that some of your cabanas had more than 6. This would be something I would want as a "base" since I will have two little kids - although, from the pics, it really only looks like your cabana was the toddler friendly one? Was the staircase to the water right next to your cabana only for your cabana? Also, were the extra members able to get the wristbands too and access barefoot beach or were they just able to use the other cabanas without an issue. We have 6 adults and 2 kids. I don't think everyone would want to hang out in the cabana anyway - likely barefoot beach - but want to have a base where the kids can nap or get out of the sun or my parents can relax.

Hi Michelle, Quick question regarding the roller coaster in Labadee. My daughter who will be 10 at the time of our cruise wants to go on the coaster.. you mentioned 11 and under rides with an adult.. does it have to be an adult? Can she ride with my niece who is 14? I have no desire to ride the coaster so I was hoping the kids could go themselves.

Thanks,

Brian,

Have you eaten @ Sambas? If so, how was it?

mG

PS: Just checked RCCL website... 149 days to go.. and I can't make any of my reservations for onboard yet.. :-( I know, I know.. they'll open in a few months...

I'm a the same count of days and dying to make reservations too!

Those are the best pictures of Labadee I've seen since they added all the Cabanas. Haven't been there since 08. Thinking of going Eastern again on Allure next year.

THANKS! I was hoping they'd be helpful. I was so excited to learn more about the cabanas before our trip, but there was very little info out there.

Thanx VillageDwellers...

Is it taboo to mention someone else' review? I was reading someone's review (I know they're lurking on this thread.. :) ) of the specialty restaurants and, combined with QTMichele's reviews, wonder how on earth we're going to make up our mind on where to eat..

So far I think i've gotten down that the MBR can be avoided and that windjammers is "jammed"... Since we're doing My Time Dining, I hate to see those pre-paid tips go for no service...

Interesting note that Johnny Rockets is free for breakfast...

mG

Not taboo at all, especially if you're talking about Brian's review. He did a fantastic job!

As for making up your mind on where to eat... you'll need a B2B to fit it all in. ;)

I don't think my friend Michele would mind. :p

Not at all, and thanks for sharing the CP pictures.

We rented a cabana on Barefoot Beach in November. We invited friends we met on the ship to join us. We tipped them $25, and I think our friends also tipped him about that much. He was very attentive, brought us mats, kept our water cooler filled, swept out the cabana every time we walked out of it, got our drinks, collected our trash and tossed it for us....

That sounds reasonable to me. Our attendant didn't do any of that; although, he was nice and he did try to get my husband another beer at 3, but the bar was closed.

No, Allure is in 6 weeks and we aren't planning on eating there. We'll be with the extended family this time making things a bit more complicated.

But you'll (hopefully) have so much fun!

Michele - thanks so much for your review. Loving it so far! Question about the cabanas - I asked you on a previous thread about the capacity and I see here that some of your cabanas had more than 6. This would be something I would want as a "base" since I will have two little kids - although, from the pics, it really only looks like your cabana was the toddler friendly one? Was the staircase to the water right next to your cabana only for your cabana? Also, were the extra members able to get the wristbands too and access barefoot beach or were they just able to use the other cabanas without an issue. We have 6 adults and 2 kids. I don't think everyone would want to hang out in the cabana anyway - likely barefoot beach - but want to have a base where the kids can nap or get out of the sun or my parents can relax.

Thanks for reading AND enjoying! :)

Capacity of 6 is fine if you're just hanging out and conversing. If you're lounging - forget it.

The staircase next to our cabana was for our use. The other cabanas have their own staircase. However, if the hillside cabana renters come down to Nellie's, then they would probably use "our" staircase. It's not a big deal as the cabana is not private in any way.

Hi Michelle, Quick question regarding the roller coaster in Labadee. My daughter who will be 10 at the time of our cruise wants to go on the coaster.. you mentioned 11 and under rides with an adult.. does it have to be an adult? Can she ride with my niece who is 14? I have no desire to ride the coaster so I was hoping the kids could go themselves.

Thanks,

HMM... I don't know the answer to that. I do know that they cannot ride on their own.

Anyone reading know the answer to this?

Michele,

Thanks so much for the pictures of the cabana. We have a hillside cabana booked for this coming April. Glad to hear that we can have access to both beaches. Glad to hear that your sister and parents liked the hillside cabana and that their attendant was able to get them lounges on the beach also. We will probably do the same thing.

Now, all I have to do is remembe to purchase and bring water shoes. We don't have any children but figured that this would be a nice little treat to ourselves.

Thanks for reading AND enjoying! :)

HMM... I don't know the answer to that. I do know that they cannot ride on their own.

Anyone reading know the answer to this?

I believe the answer is NO. Must be a parent or guardian. And I believe guardians must be above 21.

Loving your review, Michele, especially the cabana information and pics! You have a beautiful family! We have an over the water cabana booked for our cruise in May and I'm so excited about it! I'm wondering, do all the people who will be using the cabana for the day have to check in at the same time to get their wristbands? Also, if we drink all the bottled water, will the cabana attendant bring more? Thanks!

Michelle- Loving your review. We were on the Allure in August- best vacation ever. Thanks for the info on the cabanas- have a hillside reserved for my April/May Explorer cruise. We will be in Labadee on my birthday so I figured I should splurge! One question- do the cabanas have beach towels- so you don't have to bring them from the ship? Thanks.

And best wishes to your sister on her wedding. If I had to do it over again- would definitely do a cruise wedding!! Our first cruise was for our 5th anniversary on the Soverign of the Seas (back in 1990- when she was a new ship) and have been hooked ever since!!:D

Michele, glad you had such a wonderful cruise. Your pictures and review go beyond the norm. You actually take us along with you. You have this knack of showing us your true emotions. I will echo what's been said on here. You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. Looking forward to more good stuff :)

Michele,

Thanks so much for the wonderful review (I`m loving it) and for all the details on Labadee. Just wondering what time you and your family got off the ship, and if people are there to guide or help you. I believe you said the cabanas are first come, first served once you arrive at Labadee, so I want to be sure we get there early enough to snag one with a good view over the water.

MouseGirl

Michele,

Thanks so much for the wonderful review (I`m loving it) and for all the details on Labadee. Just wondering what time you and your family got off the ship, and if people are there to guide or help you. I believe you said the cabanas are first come, first served once you arrive at Labadee, so I want to be sure we get there early enough to snag one with a good view over the water.

You have to book them through Labadee Excursions first. Once you get to the Labadee info desk, they assign you the cabana.

Thanks Pinkbaby01 - we already have an over the water cabana booked through the Labadee Excursions section of the Royal Caribbean web page. Now I`m just trying to figure out how early we should make our way off the ship to ensure we get a good choice of cabanas.

Thanks again,

MouseGirl

Michele,

Thanks so much for the pictures of the cabana. We have a hillside cabana booked for this coming April. Glad to hear that we can have access to both beaches. Glad to hear that your sister and parents liked the hillside cabana and that their attendant was able to get them lounges on the beach also. We will probably do the same thing.

Now, all I have to do is remembe to purchase and bring water shoes. We don't have any children but figured that this would be a nice little treat to ourselves.

You ARE in for a treat! It really was very nice.

Enjoying every pic and word....like earlier poster...MORE, MORE, MORE:o

I know, I know! I'm trying, but life is CRAZY! I'm too wiped out from today's activities to write more tonight, but I'll get more SOON. Thanks for being patient. :) And thanks for the nice compliments.

Loving your review, Michele, especially the cabana information and pics! You have a beautiful family! We have an over the water cabana booked for our cruise in May and I'm so excited about it! I'm wondering, do all the people who will be using the cabana for the day have to check in at the same time to get their wristbands? Also, if we drink all the bottled water, will the cabana attendant bring more? Thanks!

Thanks!

No, not everyone has to check in at the same time. They have a list on a clipboard with your name on it. When you check in, they will write down how many people checked in with you. You'll just need to let them know how many more to expect if your entire party isn't with you.

I'm not sure about the water, but I'm guessing the answer is... no? I'll have to ask my husband to see if he remembers them saying anything about it.

Michelle- Loving your review. We were on the Allure in August- best vacation ever. Thanks for the info on the cabanas- have a hillside reserved for my April/May Explorer cruise. We will be in Labadee on my birthday so I figured I should splurge! One question- do the cabanas have beach towels- so you don't have to bring them from the ship? Thanks.

And best wishes to your sister on her wedding. If I had to do it over again- would definitely do a cruise wedding!! Our first cruise was for our 5th anniversary on the Soverign of the Seas (back in 1990- when she was a new ship) and have been hooked ever since!!:D

Thanks so much for your nice compliments indwell wishes!

Towels are provided in your cabana. I believe we had 5. :)

Michele, glad you had such a wonderful cruise. Your pictures and review go beyond the norm. You actually take us along with you. You have this knack of showing us your true emotions. I will echo what's been said on here. You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. Looking forward to more good stuff :)

How very nice of you! I appreciate your words very much - thank you.

Michele,

MouseGirl

We docked around 8 (I think!) and we got off the ship around 9. Because we received a call from the excursion people the night before we knew that we would have a ride waiting to take us to the cabanas. When we got off the ship, I asked someone where to go and they pointed to the info center. We had to wait a little bit for a ride, but once they arrived we were taken directly to the Barefoot Beach entrance.

If you want a specific cabana, then get there early!

Archived