Not So "LIVE" Allure of the Seas: TAKE 2

QTMichele

I'm glad you've found this helpful! Thank you!

I assume you're checking the excursions in your cruise planner on Royal's website? If so, then they are probably gone, but you should all Royal and check, if you are interested. Ours went super fast. In a matter of a day from when I found out (which was right after they were added).

Hi Michelle,

Great review, thank you for sharing. How far in advance of your sailing did you see the cabanas come up to reserve online? Did you just "stumble"" upon them or did you know they were to be available on X date? Thanks!

Hi Michelle,

Great review, thank you for sharing. How far in advance of your sailing did you see the cabanas come up to reserve online? Did you just "stumble"" upon them or did you know they were to be available on X date? Thanks!

Thanks!

The cabanas were released towards the end of January for the FIRST time EVER as they were brand new then - I nabbed it immediately. I purchased the last 3 cabanas available. I assume that for upcoming sailings, the cabanas will be available as soon as the excursions are available to book. (For our sailing, this was not the case because they were brand new.) If you're interested, then you need to be prepared to watch for your excursions to open and book ASAP - they go FAST!

Thanks!

The cabanas were released towards the end of January for the FIRST time EVER as they were brand new then - I nabbed it immediately. I purchased the last 3 cabanas available. I assume that for upcoming sailings, the cabanas will be available as soon as the excursions are available to book. (For our sailing, this was not the case because they were brand new.) If you're interested, then you need to be prepared to watch for your excursions to open and book ASAP - they go FAST!

And yet again, as someone else posted, thank you for making the effort to reply to everyone!

And yet again, as someone else posted, thank you for making the effort to reply to everyone!

You're welcome! So many people here have given me great advice - I want to return the favor whenever I can. Thanks for reading!

I read,:) got cruise sick and booked. Thanks Michelle, for the excitement;), I did not realize how much I missed curising. I am trying to get a group together. This is my 70th Birthday gift to me. I need two weeks one to remember what cruising is after not cruising for 2 years and one week to have fun :D:eek::p

I am in cabin 10636, has anyone stayed in this cabin, I was told there is obstruction. This is a hump cabin not sure what kind of obstruction there is. But, as usual I know somebody will streighten this out. Thanks all in advance.

Cruising is for those who love adventures

I read,:) got cruise sick and booked. Thanks Michelle, for the excitement;), I did not realize how much I missed curising. I am trying to get a group together. This is my 70th Birthday gift to me. I need two weeks one to remember what cruising is after not cruising for 2 years and one week to have fun :D:eek::p

I am in cabin 10636, has anyone stayed in this cabin, I was told there is obstruction. This is a hump cabin not sure what kind of obstruction there is. But, as usual I know somebody will streighten this out. Thanks all in advance.

Cruising is for those who love adventures

WOO HOO!!! How awesome that you booked a cruise from a little cruise critic review! What a FANTASTIC birthday gift to you too! Happy birthday - enjoy that cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed your review! We celebrated my 40th birthday this weekend, and I was surprised with a family trip on Allure in September. 10 family members are coming along so it will be one wild trip :)

Congratulations to your sister and your new BIL - I loved how you kept the extra family members on board a secret!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your pictures and review with us!

-Katie

Michele thank you so so much for your fantastic review! We sail on Allure in 6 weeks and I cannot wait! It will be a family reunion of sorts for us....our son (we are from the UK) married a Texan girl 4 years ago and they live in San Antonio so we dont get to see them nearly enough. But they are joining us on this cruise. So, me, hubby, 15 year old son, 31 year old daughter, grandson aged 10, granddaughter 8 and American grandson aged 2! First time cruise for all but me, hubby and 15 year old. So I just know the others are in for a treat! Your reviews have really helped. They have answered just about every question we all had! Once again thank you (and your beautiful family) for an awesome review!

I thoroughly enjoyed your review! We celebrated my 40th birthday this weekend, and I was surprised with a family trip on Allure in September. 10 family members are coming along so it will be one wild trip :)

Congratulations to your sister and your new BIL - I loved how you kept the extra family members on board a secret!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your pictures and review with us!

-Katie

Happy 40th!!! (I celebrate mine next year. :) ) I know you'll have a great trip - it's so much fun with family around. At least it is with MY family around! LOL Thanks for reading and the congrats.

Thanks for the review of your cruise, glad you had a good time.

Not sure how I missed this, but THANK YOU!!!

Michele thank you so so much for your fantastic review! We sail on Allure in 6 weeks and I cannot wait! It will be a family reunion of sorts for us....our son (we are from the UK) married a Texan girl 4 years ago and they live in San Antonio so we dont get to see them nearly enough. But they are joining us on this cruise. So, me, hubby, 15 year old son, 31 year old daughter, grandson aged 10, granddaughter 8 and American grandson aged 2! First time cruise for all but me, hubby and 15 year old. So I just know the others are in for a treat! Your reviews have really helped. They have answered just about every question we all had! Once again thank you (and your beautiful family) for an awesome review!

Ooh, you're going to have fun too!!! The newbies will be especially blown away with Allure. Have a GREAT cruise! So glad you found my review helpful - thanks for reading!

• 3 weeks later...
Paging QTMichele.... Cant remember which deck or where the "secret" sailaway spot is... Can you please remind me?

Sailing in less than 24 hours...

mG

Please remind ME! LOL

If you're talking about the wings above the bridge, I think they are on deck 14. You'll find access by going all the way forward, port-side.

I've read through your great review. You may have already posted this information and I missed it. Could you tell me how far the restrooms and buffet are from the over the water cabanas?

The upgraded buffet is on Barefoot Beach. You can reach it by going over the hill on the hillside cabanas path, or you can take a shortcut and go through a service gate. I'm not sure how far the regular buffet is from the cabanas, but I'm guessing it's not far. Restrooms... hmmm... honestly, I don't have a clue where the nearest restrooms are from the cabanas. We used the restrooms going to/coming from the Dragon Coaster, but I know there must be closer restrooms than those. It's possible there are restrooms on Barefoot Beach, but I don't recall seeing any.

It's our first ever cruise as well (April 2013) enjoyed both of your reviews very much. Lots of info that I can use in preparing for our trip. Entertaining and funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's our first ever cruise as well (April 2013) enjoyed both of your reviews very much. Lots of info that I can use in preparing for our trip. Entertaining and funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great - glad I could help. :) BUT... all these Allure first timers... wow... SPOILED you shall be!

Several of my family members had their first time cruise on Allure this past February - they were amazed, wowed, and in love with cruising! Our next big family cruise is this November on Liberty. I'm really looking forward to hearing the "only sailed Allure" cruisers' comparisons. We'll have new cruisers on the Liberty as well. I LOVE seeing their faces as they walk on board for the first time! Okay, I'm rambling... it's late! (but, who am I kidding? I ALWAYS ramble!)

Thanks for reading!

We are taking a family cruise on Allure next summer, have those 2 sets of connecting cabins on deck 8 booked that you did, and live in WV as well.

Do you mind me asking which airport and airline got you direct flights?

We are taking a family cruise on Allure next summer, have those 2 sets of connecting cabins on deck 8 booked that you did, and live in WV as well.

Do you mind me asking which airport and airline got you direct flights?

Great minds!

We fly out of CRW or HTS. Allegiant flies out of Huntington and Spirit flies out of Charleston. Both offer direct flights to Florida.

Michele

I'm home staving off PCD with your review ( and ignoring that mountain of mail) loving it...ok, I cried about the surprise and it's not even my family...I'm expecting real water works once you get the wedding:rolleyes:

We did love Jewel! What a beautiful ship! But a touch more crowded than Oasis, ( I, KNOW!) and if I had a nickel for every person who said- " if 2300 is like this I'll never cruise Oasis or Allure" I could spend at least 10 minutes at that slot machine you tried;) I was constantly explaining that Oasis was less crowded than Jewel, even with 3x the pax! On Jewel it was the pool on sea days; just a mob scene, and those Centrum shops were the only route through the center of the ship and a real bottle neck. It wasn't enough ruin the cruise, but noticeable after Oasis.

Ok, dumb question from me... I haven't been to Labadee in a couple of years, but I thought the cabanas were only for suite guests? Are they bookable before cruising ( like a shorex) or only once onboard? You seemed to have no problem scoring 3... What's your secret?

I'll lower the ante and ask for a penny only every time I heard a person complain about the size of Allure/Oasis. I did peronsally have complaints about Oasis when I went in 2010 but they had nothing to do with crowds. I loved to Oasis and look forward to the Allure in a few weeks.

I wish we could go to Labadee from the Eastern Itinerary. Since I now live in Texas and can cruise from Galveston, I cruise on the Mariner (or last year the Voyager) on the Western Caribbean Itineraries about once a year for a winter break, which do not include Labadee. We take a fall trip which in this case is Allure in September to the Eastern Caribbean. We often go out of San Juan instead and also cruise frequently on Celebrity and Princess. Of course, sometimes we do something that is land-based like going to Europe.

I love Labadee and wish we could visit Haiti instead of Nassau. I know that years ago in 2001, we took an Eastern Caribbean cruise in Explorer of the Seas that went to Labadee, St. Thomas and St. Martin. I wish we could get a repeat. It seams the only way we can go to Labadee is a cruise out of Port Everglades that goes to the Western Caribbean. I like the Western Caribbean - but I prefer the Roatan, Belize itinerary. I would still deal with Jamaica and Grand Cayman if I could get Labadee ONLY if it left from Galveston. Otherwise, I'm not going to fly to FLL - I'd rather fly to Cancun for the same cost and flight time.

Anyway, Labadee is great. Last time I was there was in 2008 on Freedom on the Seas as we went to Nelli's area but they didn't have many of the bungalos built. They just had a couple in the back. We were able to rent a "clamshell". I would love the option to get an over the water bungalow. We did that in Tahiti and Bora Bora and it was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Michele, another amazing review as so many have already posted:) I can't believe we will be on this beauty in 17 days I can't wait! I have a question since my DD is about the same age as your DS was on this trip, she will be 4 in November. It appears that you just took him along to most things and he was a trooper and he went to sleep when he needed too, is that right? We are hoping to take her to all of the same shows you went to I think she will love them, did he seem to stay interested through most shows and entertainment?

I also just finished reading your Monarch or Majesty(can't remember which) review, it was great. Our first before we got married was on the Sovereign and I will always hold a special place in my heart for that ship, we took her parents along on her another time and loved it. If possible go on the Enchantment and let me know what you think, her name says it all, that ship is still one of our absolute favorites and we hope to sail on her again soon:) Thanks again for letting us in on your life a little bit, I know I have said it multiple times in your other reviews but I love your review style!!:)

Hey Michele, another amazing review as so many have already posted:) I can't believe we will be on this beauty in 17 days I can't wait! I have a question since my DD is about the same age as your DS was on this trip, she will be 4 in November. It appears that you just took him along to most things and he was a trooper and he went to sleep when he needed too, is that right? We are hoping to take her to all of the same shows you went to I think she will love them, did he seem to stay interested through most shows and entertainment?

I also just finished reading your Monarch or Majesty(can't remember which) review, it was great. Our first before we got married was on the Sovereign and I will always hold a special place in my heart for that ship, we took her parents along on her another time and loved it. If possible go on the Enchantment and let me know what you think, her name says it all, that ship is still one of our absolute favorites and we hope to sail on her again soon:) Thanks again for letting us in on your life a little bit, I know I have said it multiple times in your other reviews but I love your review style!!:)

Thanks! Your words encourage me to write more reviews. :)

We didn't use Adventure Ocean with my son as he wasn't fully potty trained. The alternative was to take him with us, and he loved it! Although he often fell asleep before or during a show, he did seem to appreciate that "something big" was about to happen. The times that he was awake during (part of) a show, he was mesmerized. Of course, your mileage may vary!

We have Enchantment booked, and will likely keep it booked if our schedule remains as planned. However, I REALLY want to book a southern Caribbean cruise, and, if *may* change Enchantment if our other commitments change. Stay tuned.

Thanks again for reading. Let me know if you have any other questions regarding Allure!

Archived