Transfers to airport in Amsterdam where is it?

Everready

Hi, you probably would have gotten a faster answer on the Western Europe forum, but I will give it a try.

The cheapest way to travel between Schiphol and the cruise terminal in Amsterdam is to take the train. The cost is 3.80 euro for a single journey from the airport (the train station is below the terminal) to Amsterdam Central station and takes approx 15 minutes.

See http://www.ns.nl/en/travellers/home for train times.

Then you still have to get from the station to the cruise terminal. Either walk approx 15 minutes from the station to the terminal (take the back exit) or take tram 26 (the front exit), 2.70 euro if bought on board the tram or cheaper if bought beforehand (see http://en.gvb.nl for public transport info in Amsterdam), or take a taxi from the station but I'm not sure how much that would cost.

You could, of course, also take a taxi directly from the airport, but taxis are definitely not the cheapest way to travel in the Netherlands.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

In case you want to go this route, I believe Celebrity was charging $32 per person for the post-cruise ship-to-airport transfer. I was solo and didn't feel like lugging my bag to the train station, so I took the transfer. However, with more than one person, other options do become more attractive.

Archived