Included Dinning Options on Carnival

leslierx

Hello - I am considering a Carnival cruise this summer and have never sailed with Carnival before. Just wondering what the "included" dinning options are (aka...free) besides the main dinning rooms. And what the names are of the restaurants that have a surcharge. I am famaliar with Royal Caribbean, Disney, and NCL options. I didn't know if Carnival named the restaurants the same on different ships so you always knew which ones were included and which had a charge.

The ships we are concidering are...Freedom, Destiny, Victory and Liberty.

I tried to do a search on the boards and came up empty.

Any comparisons of the above ships are also welcome.

I am just begining my research and those are the ships that fit my date, and have interesting ports that I would like to visit.

Thanks

The main dining room and the lido deck which has the buffet and depending on the ship the mongolian grill, sandwich station, pizza bar, burrito bar, fish and chips area, and whatever the place at the back of ship is called that has hotdogs/hamburgers/fries is called...that is all free.

Most ships have a steakhouse or chef's table which has a surcharge. The coffee bar (with fancy coffee drinks and special desserts) also has a nominal fee.

I've only cruised Carnival, so I don't know the differences between other cruise lines.

What have I forgotten?

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

Check out this link and you can see all the dining options.

The great thing with Carnival is they don't nitpik and call all their food areas "restaurants" The ships you list have the Steak House.

Sushi is available on all ships for free in the evenings as a pre-dinner option.

Several of the new ships offer the new Itailian restaurant and their is a surcharge in the evening. It is free at lunch.

The Liberty has all the new upgrades that the Breeze has - The Guy Fieri Burgers.

The Magic has the new Pub and that has minor chargers...

All the charges are explained on the above link.

I didn't like NCL because of the charges and the Lido never seemed open. And RCI seems to have too many upcharges to even try.

Good to know there are other options than just buffet and main dinning rooms. There was a sports bar on NCL that had the best hot wings and it was one floor up from our cabin. We went every night for midnight wings and they would fix them to go if you wanted and we would bring them back and eat them on our balcony.

We don't normaly wish to pay a surcharge to eat when you have already paid for the cruise. So, we stick to the included food, which has always been great!

Thanks for the info!

Of the ships you mentioned, only Liberty and Freedom have the Steakhouse. It's $30pp.

All other eating venues are no charge on all the ships you mentioned.

There is a place to get milkshakes/desserts etc. There is a charge there, but no actual meals for sale.

Also may be of interest to you: MDR is open on sea days for lunch, afternoon tea is served on sea days, also a chocolate buffet on last sea day I believe, 24 hr soft serve ice cream.. Free cappuccino, espresso and hot chocolate in the MDR at all three meals.

Archived