Night club on Ventura

suntrip49

Do you mean Metropolis? If so, then yes I think it's got a good atmosphere. They do tend to have 'night club' type performers; sometimes a duo (instrumentalist & vocalist), other times a pianist (there's a piano in the bar) and these vary in quality, but the good ones are often very good. I've always felt that it felt quite intimate; much more so than (for example) the Crows Nest on Arcadia at night, when i was just too aware of the acres of empty space.

You can also get away from the playing/singing by sitting at the other end of the bar, and that allows more some quiet get-togethers.

Formal nights: I would say that the vast majority of people keep their dinner outfits on when they go there. Indeed, it might be one of the locations that gets 'policed' more than others. Certainly I've always felt perfectly comfortable in Metropolis wearing my dj.

Do you mean Metropolis? If so, then yes I think it's got a good atmosphere. They do tend to have 'night club' type performers; sometimes a duo (instrumentalist & vocalist), other times a pianist (there's a piano in the bar) and these vary in quality, but the good ones are often very good. I've always felt that it felt quite intimate; much more so than (for example) the Crows Nest on Arcadia at night, when i was just too aware of the acres of empty space.

You can also get away from the playing/singing by sitting at the other end of the bar, and that allows more some quiet get-togethers.

Formal nights: I would say that the vast majority of people keep their dinner outfits on when they go there. Indeed, it might be one of the locations that gets 'policed' more than others. Certainly I've always felt perfectly comfortable in Metropolis wearing my dj.

I was on Ventura last September for 12 nights and there were NO acts in Metropolis, only the useless video wall. There was no reason to go there as the bar staff seemed more interested in talking to themseleves.

The night club on Ventura is actually Havana

No one mentions the night club Has it got a good atmosphere. What music do they play,when is it open. Also if its biack tie night would it be advisable to change into more comfortable clothes.Thanks for any info

Havana usually has a comedian or band or singer until about 10 or 11, and then has a DJ on after. On my cruise they had the teen club 'disco' using Havana some nights. If you are looking for a dedicated nightclub, Ventura really doesn't have one.

Take a look at the Horizons for my cruise, which bear in mind were from summer, and might not be relevant to you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59255741@N05/6045056435/in/set-72157627438667226

I was on Ventura last September for 12 nights and there were NO acts in Metropolis, only the useless video wall. There was no reason to go there as the bar staff seemed more interested in talking to themseleves.

The night club on Ventura is actually Havana

This was also the situation when I cruised on her in December. Many passengers were happy with this as it was the only bar where you could go for a quiet drink and conversation without being "entertained". One oft made critisism of Ventura has been the absence of a quiet bar along the lines of Andersons on Oriana/Aurora, so perhaps P&O have responded to this.

This was also the situation when I cruised on her in December. Many passengers were happy with this as it was the only bar where you could go for a quiet drink and conversation without being "entertained". One oft made critisism of Ventura has been the absence of a quiet bar along the lines of Andersons on Oriana/Aurora, so perhaps P&O have responded to this.

Being a P&O first timer I suppose I was looking for a similar bar to Thomsons Horizons or Sky Bar. Not too large and cosy with staff willing to chat at quiet moments and in the case of horizons usually with a good singing duo etc. I see your point about a quiet bar as I found that Ventura always seemed crowded in the evenings and then everyone went to bed at about midnight. To help the passengers to bed they even closed the public toilets for 'maintenance'. The staff themselves thought this was a daft idea but 'management' ignored their pleas for sanity.

Being a P&O first timer I suppose I was looking for a similar bar to Thomsons Horizons or Sky Bar. Not too large and cosy with staff willing to chat at quiet moments and in the case of horizons usually with a good singing duo etc. I see your point about a quiet bar as I found that Ventura always seemed crowded in the evenings and then everyone went to bed at about midnight. To help the passengers to bed they even closed the public toilets for 'maintenance'. The staff themselves thought this was a daft idea but 'management' ignored their pleas for sanity.

On my previous cruises on Ventura Metropolis usually featured a coctail pianist - there were 2 onboard and one would play the Red Bar and one Metropolis, changing over some nights. On some evenings a duo would play instead. The cocktail pianists were usually well received, the duos less so.

The bar used to be surrounded by barstools occupied by passengers of the barfly tendency, who would exchange banter amongst themselves and with the bar staff. On the last cruise however, the bar stools had been moved away from the bar and placed adjacent to a ledge which bordered the window. I wonder why. It certaily destroyed the atmosphere in the bar area.

Archived