Where to view sail away from NYC

gweeptrish

With the forecast for very high winds and cool temps tomorrow I don't think we will be able to hang out on deck on the Jewel to sail out of NYC. I was really looking forward to seeing the statue of liberty. Where would you recommend inside that my kids and I can hang out but still see?

sailing out of NYC is FANTASTIC!...Great views from both sides...(Statue of Liberty is on right side of ship)--but the view an other side..of NYC skyline is unbelievable...

I tend to run across the ship to see everything...!

I live only a few miles from the NYC harbor...but it never ceases to amaze me..the beauty of the views on sail away...

We sailed on January 21st during snow and all of the outside decks were closed. They moved the sail away party to the Spinnaker lounge and that is where we watched the sights... not as good as being up on deck 14 while going under the bridge... we were disappointed but it was still a great view. When we went by the Statute of Liberty, the band stopped playing and they played "I'm Proud to be an American" on a CD. It was really touching!!

Archived