Disembarkation in Miami

sunflower47

We are scheduled to get back to Miami @ 7am from the Sky.

Approximately how long is disembarkation? Are they pretty much on schedule most of the time?

Trying to decide if we should go home later that afternoon or make plans to extend the vacation one more day and relax at the beach.

Some of the airlines I am looking at don't have flights until early evening which might mean just hanging at the airport from the time we leave the ship until the time the plane takes off, which isn't exactly how we would want to spend our last day!! Don't know if some of the late morning/ early afternoon flights are too early in case disembarkation takes longer then expected.

TIA!

We always book a flight around noon or later out of Miami - sleep in a little, enjoy breakfast in the MDR and then leave the ship after the crowds around 9:00 or so. :cool:

If you have a late evening flight I'd rent a car, stash the bags in the trunk, and head to South Beach for lunch, drinks and people watching. There is a hotel inside the MIA airport - cleverly called the Miami Airport Hotel - if you have a late flight you can check in there, use the pool, etc.

Good luck! :)

We always book a flight around noon or later out of Miami - sleep in a little, enjoy breakfast in the MDR and then leave the ship after the crowds around 9:00 or so. :cool:

If you have a late evening flight I'd rent a car, stash the bags in the trunk, and head to South Beach for lunch, drinks and people watching. There is a hotel inside the MIA airport - cleverly called the Miami Airport Hotel - if you have a late flight you can check in there, use the pool, etc.

Good luck! :)

Ya' know.... As many times as I have flown thru MIA, I never knew this was here.

Archived